A letter to the father of my son

Daddy can do anything, only a mom can't be!

Was this a children's song. Quite the reverse is also true: the mom maybe even more, that's just dad to be will not work. I, according to our son, the best mom in the world. And I'm a lousy father. Because there are things that can give the boy only dad.

That's what I wanted to talk. Good sons grow up only good fathers. You're a good father. I know that.

Remember how you first took our son to drive. He was sitting on your lap, hold the steering wheel (no, not like that — he was HOLDING the steering wheel!), although barely reach the pedals. Remember the delight on his face? He felt the Master Machine. He was LIKE DAD — strong and brave.

You had taught the boy good manners and behavior in society: he does not forget to say "Hello" and "thank you", an excellent command of knife and fork; holding the door, let women forward; it helps to convey the package from the store and the first out of the tram, giving me a hand.

You told him what a real man is. And now he knows he must be brave and bold. And he knows that even the strongest people cry sometimes. And it is not a shame.

You told him your favorite music. You have your own exclusive soundtrack, which include in the car at full volume and probably sing along in a loud voice. How do I know this? One day you forgot to switch the receiver to radio and as soon as I started the car, I was deafened by Metallica. Nothing Else Matters.

You know that the son will follow your example, not your advice. So a long time ago to quit Smoking, take a contrast shower every day standing in "the limit".

You let him from time to time to win in checkers, catch the basketball. Because son needs to believe in miracles!

You even gave him to try on his shoes — let the dream about the time when he will grow and they will become fit!

You taught him practical diplomacy. Our son knows that it is not necessary to resort to aggressive methods and shaking his fists — there are other ways to prove his innocence. Sometimes silence says more than words.

When our son becomes an adult, he will definitely find your love. And looking at how tenderly he holds the hand of his wife, you'll know who taught him to love. Because you showed him what real love for a woman. (Thank God that this woman — me!). You showed him that love endures quarrels and misunderstanding, through all the difficulties and obstacles. He will love you.

Every good father wants to be better, but do not always know how to do it. So I, as the chief point of contact between you and my son, I would like to ask you something.

Teach our son not to be content with what we have (or easily available), to look for the best and not give up at the first failure. This applies to everything — to yourself, to women, to food, to work.

It would be great if you'll be spending more time together. For example, to leave home at least half a day on weekends. And while I can do household chores, can go to the movies with a bucket of popcorn, a ride on a roller coaster, to eat something not too useful (but very tasty) or just drive the ball in the yard. You will return home tired, perhaps a little grimy, but happy participants in small "holiday of disobedience".

I'd like to see you more often hugged our son. Remember how you grabbed him in his arms, smacking into a chubby cheek and Bouncing up and circling when he was very young. Don't be afraid to show his feelings now, as time flies fast, soon he'll grow up to be ashamed to even hold your hand.

You'll have to talk to my son about sex. If you do not know when and how to start a conversation can slip into a book (only the first scroll, so as not to bump into too advanced edition) and say: please, if you have any questions.

Right to keep his secrets. If the son wants to talk to you — do not miss this chance, put all your things, turn off the TV, put your phone away and talk. About anything he wants to talk to you. If now, while he's still small, you're not ready to listen to his problems, it is unlikely he will come to you in 20 with more serious issues. Divide his dreams and hopes, to support, because you are not just father and son — you friends. Just don't remind him about it if he refuses to take you out on a date when the time comes.

Tell your son thatfamily is the only thing worth fighting for. Often tell him how great it is to be a father and that no one will ever love him like you — true fatherly love. When one day he will become a father, you will be sure he knows what to do.

Here, perhaps, and all. No, not all. Remember: I love you both! published

Author: Ageeva Irina, the mother of two adorable kids 21 and 11 years

Also interesting: Rejecting father...

Let go of the son in man's world! The men's education for men

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.nashideti.site/?p=5859

Tags

See also

New and interesting