"NO": once More about the ability to refuse

For many years I did not know how to say “no”. I was very afraid to refuse to others. It seemed to me that if I allow myself to deny response to the request, I will inevitably be disappointed. I'll stop loving friends and acquaintances.

This is what happened. When I decided and started to say “no” to friends, readers and colleagues... MANY are DISAPPOINTED IN ME. SOME REALLY STOPPED LOVING ME.

I feared not in vain.

Nobody likes when he refused. I can't believe how power can be angry at the person who violates your plans, refuses your proposals, in General, tells you “no”.

It can be understood. I also get angry when I refuse. We love getting what we ask for. We love it when give us what we hint what to demand.

So we are organized.

But the fact that I am not strong enough to satisfy absolutely everyone emotionally and physically. I cannot give what I ask. Can't say Yes always and all.

Perhaps you, too.

I was trying to be nice and agree, until there was nothing left. But I can't handle. People wanted more and more. No one is able to respect my boundaries if I don't show where they are.

So we are organized.

So I decided to say “no”.

Many people over time have fallen out of my circle of friends. They were mad at my intransigence and behaved like I owe them something.

I thought, well, okay.

Of course I'm upset! But my consolation is that some friends and acquaintances with me. These wonderful people decided to love me anyway. Even if I don't dedicate them all his time. They left. Despite the fact that from time to time heard a “no.”

It is the most close and dear people to me. They are smaller than before, but they are closer and more important. These people are like my present life: a healthy, intelligent and meaningful.

Sometimes they also say “no” to me. And I continue to love them. Even, perhaps, more than before, because I admire their ability to protect their borders.

©Carrie Hilgert

When you're tired to be strongThere are people-nocebo...

Today I invite you into my world. A world where everyone has the right to say “no”. Such a short and strong word.

To my delight, to this text I was able to make incredible power of illustration, which depicts a very dear friend Myrtle.

Myrtle is not afraid to say “no”.

Myrtle not steamed.

Be like Myrtle, my dear.

It is strong and free.published

Source: anotherindianwinter.ru/post/113674328778/no

Tags

See also

New and interesting