Tokunoshima island in Japan, where live rabbits

The Japanese island Tokunoshima – real rabbit Paradise, these funny long-eared animals on the streets so much, that it seems, here-here will hear the cherished: "Oh, my God, my God! As I'm late". Perhaps the only difference between these animals from kerollovskaya White Rabbit just that they can't speak, but even so, I feel full-fledged owners on a small island. By the way, the island was notorious due to the fact that during the Second world war its territory was held top-secret tests of chemical weapons.

Geneva Protocol banning weapons himicheskogo Japan signed in 1929, but since then, the secret production of the strongest pesticides did not stop until the end of world war II in 1945. Tokunoshima, located between the Islands of Hiroshima and Shikoku, was a great testing ground, because it is located far from Tokyo, it produced about 6 tons of mustard gas. To prevent information leakage about secret facility, the island was not even marked on maps, and plant workers did not know what they produce. After the war, all the documents concerning the plant were destroyed.

The appearance of rabbits on this island, unfortunately, is also not accidental: the animals were brought here for experiments, they experimented with poisons. After the production of "snapped", people released rabbits on freedom for half a century their population reached 300 individuals, and today they feel the island is very at ease. By the way, the unofficial name Tokunoshima – Usagi Shima, which means "Rabbit island".Rabbits are used to people, so always ready to come closer and eat prepared for them.

Source: /users/276

Tags

See also

New and interesting