How to throw a haunting melody out of my head?

Don't know about you, but I often get haunting melodies in my head. And they appear quickly and suddenly and get rid of them is not so simple. But recently, professors from Western Washington University have found a method of dealing with this "disease". It was quite simple, but still interesting and very useful. In order to get rid of cumbersome melody in my head – will solve some anagrams, or read a very interesting book.

Of course the findings of scientists not invented from the ceiling. They, as expected, conducted a study in which people under the sounds of the most popular in all of the compositions solve puzzles. First, the participants had to figure out a drawn maze, but they didn't yield any results. At the same time, the solution to the Sudoku puzzle has some effect, but it very quickly comes down to zero, if the task is a little more complicated. It is best in such cunning wise process has shown itself to anagrams (most effective with five words) and reading.

Music psychologist Airi Hyman (Ira Hyman), who is the author of the study says that elementary puzzles that make the brain less open to haunting melodies. Even the expert suggests that when we do something on the machine, then our consciousness at any moment can turn on your audio player. The same way works our brain, if we are strongly focusing. He can't cope with the task, so the melody returns. In the end, we can say one thing – you need to seek a middle ground. Interestingly, for each it is individual. The main principle here is: if you have the desire to change up a boring motive, take your head with something interesting, but not complicated. But the study will not only help in this. In the future this technique can be successfully used even in the treatment of obsessions and different kinds of painful thoughts.

Source: /users/147

Tags

See also

New and interesting