Smart lamp simulates sunset

In the era of high technology, the devices around us are increasingly acquiring the prefix “smart”. We started using our smartphones and gestures to control Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections associated with other technology gadgets.

But for a new smart light bulb called Drift, presented by Saffron, you need the most common tool – a switch.

Press the switch once and the LED light bulb will glow like the most ordinary light bulb you know. Tap the switch twice and you’ll find yourself in Midnight mode, which gradually reduces the light over the next 37 minutes (the average sunset duration) to lull you as the setting sun. If you click the switch three times, the light bulb will be in “Moonlight” mode, which slowly darkens the light, but stops at a faint glow, as a night light.

To help you get used to it, or if you forget and get confused in the order of the necessary switches, the bulb comes with an information sticker that you can stick next to the switch and it will help you remember simple combinations.

When we decided to design a self-dimming LED light bulb, we didn’t even consider using a switch at first. We thought about switching between modes using wireless (Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/ZigBee) or even using a physical switch based on a lamp, says Preston Wily, CEO of Saffron.

But we wanted it to be easy to use, and most importantly, to match almost any standard lamp cartridge that was easy to install yourself. We went back to the drawing board and came up with the idea of using the way people used to interact with light as the primary method of tuning Drift Light.

The idea is what makes this product so versatile. From installation to work, the whole process fits into the system that already exists in our homes. All you have to do is put the lamp in the cartridge like any other.

The embedded microprocessor — invisible to users — is at the ready, waiting for commands. And the work interface is a simple switch that is never too far from a light bulb.

Drift Light has been specifically designed to provide a healthy transition to sleep.

“The automatic dimming function helps the body fall asleep, enabling a gradual transition from light to darkness. The lamp also emits less blue light, as the blue color, according to recent studies, inhibits the production of melatonin and makes it difficult to fall asleep.”

An American online journalist decided to conduct her own experiment: she bought a Drift Light lamp and tested it for several nights. “I am not a person who falls asleep quickly. I always need extra time or some background music, writes Amanda Kooser.

On the first night of using the LED lamp in Midnight mode, I really noticed that the lighting was sluggish until it was turned off. For the next few nights, I couldn’t track the shutdown because I had fallen asleep much earlier.

The LED lamp will last for 30,000 hours, which is thirty times longer than an incandescent lamp. And, according to the creators, unlike fluorescent lamps does not contain any toxic materials.

A new LED light bulb proves that lighting can be smart and environmentally friendly.

from drift-light.com

Source: facepla.net

Tags

See also

New and interesting