I lost 130 pounds of fat. And here are five things I now miss

"There was a time when I weighed almost 200 kg," recalls Kelly Coffey. And talks about weight loss what you never thought of. I weighed about 200 pounds. I smoked anywhere and everywhere, played the Blues, ate whatever he wanted and whenever he wanted to. I never, never from complexes about it.In 2003 I lost more than half its weight. By 2007 I had built a career as a personal trainer. Today I'm healthy enough to wear tight jeans. You can think about years, during which I was super thick, I think with contempt and pity. Hell no!

The more time that passes since the time I decided to take myself, the more I can enjoy the bouts of nostalgia. This may seem strange, but here are five things I miss when I remember that time.

1. Food

Fat gave me natural physical strength. When I was thin, I had to go to the gym in order not to feel helpless. But despite the daily exercise, I still don't feel energetic and strong.

A long time ago I could lift the couch and get it off the truck. Today it's hard to carry bags from the grocery store. I miss the power that I took for granted.

However, we have to admit that 90% of all of his remarkable vitality was spent to navigate through the streets under the weight of huge fat that I had.

2. Comfort

Before bed I always laid out on the bed a mountain of pillows. My husband laughed at me, but they were all I needed — if I was going to sleep well.

I couldn't sleep on my stomach for ten years. And he was so heavy that I needed a pillow to during the dream I did not hurt bones. Now the cushions do not bring no benefit, no joy.

Someday I will write a separate post about just how hard it is to sit on a wooden bench when you weigh 200 lbs. Coccyx a heavy person and a wooden bench were incompatible.

3. Freedom of choice

When you're fat, then most of the hesitation on the part of your weight unnoticed. When you weigh 200 kg, then, in General, do not care if you bought clothes a size larger or a size smaller. Must always be "stock". Now I miss that freedom, because now I have much more careful about that stuff on me "sitting" in the right way.

When obesity affects a woman, society turns her life into a nightmare. You are constantly judging, belittling, demonizing. Above you bullied, are afraid of you and despise you. Men do not want to communicate with you.

But these horrible experiences make you stronger. You learn compassion, empathy, knows what a seasoned character. Your view of things is wider than the rest. You are kinder than most other people. You learn to value health and not only the beauty of a perfect body. Hell will never be taken for granted.

4. Friendship

Oddly enough, but to find friends and maintain friendships much easier when you're fat. Women rarely saw me as a rival and act less shy around me. My body lulled the vigilance of my friends.

But when I lost weight, the usual Forbearance and friendliness, many of my friends disappeared somewhere. I am now thinner than many of those who spoke earlier — and they hate me for it.

Things are different now.

No one appears before me as it was before.

5. Size

Now I live with the feeling of a strange mismatch between the dimensions of his soul, his heart and his body. I used to be a really great person. I started talking out loud, felt fine, and my attitude to people was much more tolerable.

Ten years ago, I have changed not only externally but also internally. You can say anything, but I do know fat people kinder and more fun thin people. My personality and my empathy began to shrink in size in proportion to my weight.

But I'm happy that in the end, I lived a period of formation of my personality, being a fat girl.

Today I work with women and men of different sizes and with different talents. I love them all — and those who are just thinking about the changes in his life, and those who are already halfway to success.

And that's what they all must say: LOVE your imperfections, and do not despise it.published

Author: Konstantin Shiyan

Source: lifter.com.ua/YA-sbrosila-130-kg-gira-I-vot-pyat-veshchey-po-kotorim-ya-teper-skuchayu#11220

Tags

See also

New and interesting