Why many stand almost as bad as sitting

Sedentary lifestyle affects the health and appearance not the best way, fact. But recently scientists have found that many can stand too bad. To understand this situation and understand how to live, sit down to start. And then read the article by Fitness magazine Anna Maltby.

"You could say I'm a healthy person. But I have a bad habit that I can't get rid of. I'm sure you have it too. This is what we are doing right now — sitting, for a long time and in large quantities. Why do I think this is a bad habit? Scientists have proven that a sedentary lifestyle can safely be called a killer. And no matter what you do — work, see the next series of "Game of thrones" or chatting with friends over a Cup of coffee — all this is greatly detrimental to health. To be more specific. Two hours spent in a day on a chair, the sofa or somewhere else, increasing the risk of obesity (23%), the cancer (8-10%), diabetes (20%), heart diseases (15%) and early death (13%).

"The human body hasn't changed much over the last few hundred years, can not be said about lifestyle," says I, James Levine, doctor of medicine and philosophical Sciences, the author of the book "get Up! Why chair is killing you and what you can do about it" (Get Up! Why Your Chair Is Killing You and What You Can Do About It). "Our ancestors spent on your feet almost all day, and sat only a couple of hours. Now we sit for 12-15 hours a day."

"If the prospect is ill with something very serious you are not convinced, here are a few of the consequences of a sedentary lifestyle: fatigue, muscle atrophy, reduced joint mobility, and finally, the saggy ass," says Jill Miller, Creator of Yoga Tune Up program, which improves posture and relieves back pain. But it so happened that the man — creature, whose habit is not to stand all day (Hey, guys, I'm still in the chair, even write about why it's bad). If reading all this, have you already started to think how to quit a job that compels you so much to sit, do not jump to conclusions. Any waiter who is forced to spend many hours on their feet, will tell you how exhausting this work is, how much pain it delivers, and generally detrimental to health. "If you spend a lot of time on your feet, on your circulatory system, legs and back have a very large load," — says Alan Haig, doctor of philosophical Sciences, head of laboratory of factors related to human and ergonomics from Cornell University.

So what to do if and sit much and stand much bad? Experts advise to use a couple of strategies, about which more will be discussed. It is easy to follow. Believe me, all of them, I first experimented on himself. Sit less, stand more

Of course, first you need to find a balance. If the work forces you to spend on your feet much time (all of a sudden you are a teacher, a courier, a waiter, a consultant at the store, whatever), try to take breaks, during which you will sit. This will relax your back and legs. If you lead a sedentary lifestyle, get up every hour and walk for 10 minutes. During this time, you can easily take the documents to another Department, some water, chat with colleagues, to call my parents. In General, most importantly, don't let yourself sit all day without interruption. The easiest way to do so — set a timer on your computer or phone and note the time. (Those made for a computer that can lock the screen for a few minutes every hour, so you will not have the desire to ignore the timer — approx. The "Challenger"). And this is perfectly normal. I thus remind myself about the need to drink water. Still I stand, when I check my schedule for tomorrow, read the news or check your email. In General, use every opportunity to land in a chair. And interestingly, colleagues, seeing my new habits in one voice said that I could start to do the same.

Stand and sit correctly, Posture is very important. If you horbite the back, then it starts to hurt, your lungs are not working to the fullest. Soon numb and neck. "The harder you horbites, the more the head is tilted forward. And it really strengthens the spine. To be precise, each centimeter of displacement of the head increases the burden by almost 5 kg," says Miller. Your activity will solve a lot of problems. So it's time to get restless! Try to change posture in the chair every 15 minutes. If you're paramenides from foot to foot, walk.

I'm a restless person and I could never sit in a chair for too long. But every time I sit down at work, I catch myself thinking that curl in front of the monitor, as a question mark. This problem really help tennis balls. I just put them between the back and the back of the chair. They are pleasantly massaged his back, while forced to keep the posture.

Choose something you'll actually do , of Course, gadgets can motivate you to activity, but most of them only enough for the first time, many first keen on something, but there is the chance to quickly "fuse". Gadgets really will help you only if you love to walk, run, ride a bike. Otherwise it won't work. I have to admit, the last few months I could run on a treadmill or ride a stationary bike and not pay for it, but I never used them almost never. I just hate these simulators. Personally, I prefer to stand, to stretch, to pause and move throughout the day.

Move, even if you're eating of Course, when we have Breakfast, lunch or dinner, we sit. And can sit after eating for a few hours. According to Dr. Levin, this dramatically increases the level of glucose in the blood. But if you stand after a meal and walk for 15 minutes, the glucose level is reduced by half. I don't know why, but the realization of how my blood glucose is raging, making me raise my ass after eating. After Breakfast, I immediately go to work, after lunch go for a walk, after dinner, I wash dishes, and do not sit until late at night, as before, leaving the dirty dishes for the morning.

Sports Many studies have proven time and again that sport helps to combat the negative effects of a sedentary lifestyle. However, not all exercises are equally useful. If you, for example, will do only running, you will not be able to use all the muscles of the body. Simply put, come to class also with the mind. Functional training (squats, exercises with weights, etc.) — the best way. "If you perform exercises while standing, is forced to work most of your body," says Adam Bornstein, personal trainer in Denver and founder of Born Fitness club. "If you are doing cardio, try to combine Jogging trail with jumps from the squat, the burpee, and a bike. Also don't forget about yoga. It helps you better understand your body and make you aware of posture throughout the day."

Recently I started cross-fitom twice a week. Also I go to yoga. I hate cardio, but despite that, I use the Fitbit app, which I try to take at least 10,000 steps a day. Now I'm not sitting as much as before and my body looks fantastic.

Sincerely yours, Anna Maltby" published

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: the-challenger.ru/sos/pochemu-mnogo-stoyat-tak-zhe-vredno-kak-sidet/

Tags

See also

New and interesting