Safety rules on the plane: everything you don't understand in the instructions

Why disable the phone in the plane? To remove bag under the front seat? Why not walk around the cabin during taxiing harmless? Even regular passengers do not always know the answers to these questions. The flight attendant explains in detail the points the safety instructions in flight.

I'm a flight attendant, and unfortunately, almost every flight are faced with the fact that people with disdain for the rules of safety on Board the aircraft. Somehow, guides are asked to switch off phones, not allowed to go to taxiing, and in the toilet for some reason you can not landing, not a favorite purse on her lap to hold the laptop. I no one don't want to talk badly and think it's happening because we are not always aware of the consequences of certain actions.

I will not dwell on that we're not flight attendants, and rescuers and write how important our work is the lyrics. Most of the time we really feed you, and care about the comfort on Board. But I firmly believe that each person should have his own head on his shoulders.

Emergency exits

Every time you get the seat at the emergency exit — you become a passenger assistant. That is why there do not put parents with young children and people with disabilities. It will be good if you read the manual as this output is open. After the evacuation of the aircraft we have exactly 90 seconds. If you are unable to open the emergency exit, tell the conductor, he transplanted. By the way, the door is quite heavy and weighs 17 kg
Once we had an interesting exercise. The emergency exit was put technique. I was at the station and there gave the team. The first time a technician (!!!) I do not understand the instructions, although they sounded clear and without superfluous words. I dictated slowly, but on the opening of the hatch took more than 30 seconds of the allotted 90. The conclusions you can do yourself.

Belts

Most of us still buckled in, but as soon as the plane touches the ground, the cabin heard the clicks of those who belt life interferes. The landing speed of our plane is almost 250 km per hour. If you have a car and you are not afraid to ride unfastened so fast, I can only sympathize. What might happen on earth? Same thing with the car. It is unlikely that the aircraft will find the post or catch up peregretogo, but we had a case where the band for unclear reasons turned out to be a piece of iron the color of asphalt, which struck the right rack. Photos will not spread. Now imagine what happens to a car if it burst a wheel on at least 120и km per hour.

Why not walk around the cabin during taxiing

All for the same reason. Steering also occurs at a sufficiently high speed. And if the plane suddenly stops, your body by inertia continues. Okay, if you only themselves harm, but most likely it will fall on someone of the passengers and God forbid the baby.

Why you need to wear a seat belt on the tow

In my life it was a test case, when the an-24 was towed to the Parking lot. Asked everyone to buckle up, she naturally not too squeamish. Everything went as usual until we tug literally pulled out. Everyone who had managed to unfasten the straps flew from their seats forward. Unfortunately for them, back in Antoniv fold forward, so a few passengers, as the penguins on the belly riding on the backs at the beginning of the salon. The cars back, not work out, that one side is better for the limbs, but worse for the nose and teeth. From colleagues at towing in General ripped the front rack. And since the statistics are disappointing, I personally, while being towed always wear my seatbelt.

... And some more...

The straps are very will help you a lot in turbulence. Being strapped you will not Bang your head through a shelf.

For a year and a half since the end of the courses 3 of my colleagues rolled strip: 2 in flight, 3rd on landing. Everyone says it was terrible and I'm willing to believe, especially those who rolled on takeoff...

Hand Luggage

There is room for it on the top shelf or under front seat. Do not block the passage in the above cases... Bear 20 minutes without bags, and computers don't close the curtain, look out the window. Turn off the player, so that if necessary you could hear the guide and enjoy some time beautiful sound of aircraft engines.

Mobile phones

The most common phrase "they have different frequency ranges". And here to us to the aid comes again: "AUTOMOBIEL" ©. Put your mobile phone next to a playing radio. If you have been cases, when during the call the radio stops playing music and starts to emit a squeak, you can imagine that sound. So the same sound is heard in the headset of the pilot, instead of the voice Manager. In fact, it is the same as the driver to close the windshield and forced to go on the road on the Navigator and speedometer.

Why are you asking to change

It so happens that the front Desk staff incorrectly seated passengers in the cabin. Is the concept of alignment. If the alignment of the prohibitive front, the plane just does not come off on takeoff the nose strut. Accordingly, the plane rolled out with the band at full speed and with high probability it'll end up bad. If the rear alignment is prohibitive, the aircraft can "catch the tail". Maybe on the rise to catch the tail on the landing. I personally learned what "sit on tail". This was not the fault of the crew, but because 2 of the conductor and the porter stood in the Antonov in the trunk and deal with documents. At this point, the 2 passengers came an urgent desire to find out something and they came to us in the tail. So to the question "How my weight can affect alignment?", here's the answer...

This is a small part of safety rules, the meaning of which I hope I managed to explain.
Feel free to ask questions. A healthy interest in their security — that's right.

published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.livejournal.com/magazine/807156.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting