Grocery market in the town of Sète, France

Who would have thought that the time will come when we divide food into "allowed" and "zapresheno"? It is, of course, about the products that fall under the sanctions. If earlier some tourists went to Amsterdam to smoke pot, today it is time to fly to Europe to remember the taste of your favorite dishes and seafood.

I just returned from France, where he was in ducted cruise on house boat (house on water). We walked part of the South of the country stopping in different cities and towns. About the one I want to tell separately. The town of Sète, a small town two times less Dubna, near Moscow. Living here less than 40,000 people. The town has a market value of three the school gym, where stalls are full of products prohibited for import to Russia. I wandered between the rows and the happy memories of a "former luxury", when all it was possible to find in Moscow.

To a greater extent impressed isn't even thepresence, and the range and quality of products on the market tiny city. Can you imagine this in Russia? If all our markets looked the same — though not with the sanctions seafood and our meat, vegetables and everything that grows in the middle lane — life in the country would have been different. But alas, we are far from it.

Attention! A cat is not recommended to go hungry and patriots!

Here the division with vegetables. I'm not going to spoil this beauty by comparison of the entourage in our market in a city with 40 000 people. But I think you understand that the picture is fundamentally different. Where did you see hand-woven baskets with selected vegetables, carefully laid on clean paper? I want to pick a favorite asparagus along with a basket!

Local strawberries. Again, no cardboard or plastic boxes. The sweetest local strawberries in baskets:

More vegetables:

Olives? Of course, what you want?

Peeled garlic:

The fish Department. Sellers sincerely do not understand why a tourist from Russia walks with a camera and shoots a mediocre provincial market. For residents of Seth range of fish stalls — something for granted. They do not know what a sprat in tomato sauce:

The town stands on the coast of the Mediterranean sea, all the fish caught the night before:

The fish lying on the ice, the ice is periodically changed:

Man puts beautiful shrimp:

Prices:

You can enjoy not only seafood, but also pretty saleswomen:

4,8 Euro for a dozen oysters, or 36 pieces for 10 euros (about 600 rubles). Unthinkable!

Salmon — a large and tasty shrimp. 750 rubles per kilo — it is a desecration of my mind:

Langoustines are larger than 24 euros. Becomes a little easier — not all cat carnival. Usually in restaurants (even European) three langoustine cost about 20 euros:

Shrimp the size of a small banana:

Meat departments look poorer than fish. However, it is not surprising — all prefer seafood:

But nevertheless: Parma ham, Italian food and all in this spirit:

Sausage. Prices are also reasonable:

Nice shop! Here we have behind the counter was smiling and happy buyers!

Cheeses:

A bit of local colour. For example, cakes with octopus. Residents Set their adore and eat every day:

Rolls of Italian cuisine:

Various tapenade:

Tapenade is such a mixture of stuff that you smear on bread. Love:

By the end of the walk it seems that a set of market stalls involves face control. Rarely see so many beautiful and pleasant shop assistants:

On long trips especially pay pay attention to pretty women:

Local soap production:

Right on the market is the food court. You can buy on the shops products, to ask to slice and eat at the table:

What we do with our team beginners bloggers. Don't be fooled by their slender appearance, each of them eats for three. Fortunately, the market can bear, and not this invasion

published by P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: sergeydolya.livejournal.com/965415.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting