How to achieve Zen on the run

If you could hear the inner dialogue of the runner, it would sound something like: "Forgot your sunglasses. Cool bird! What to cook for dinner? Strange new shoes — not too tight. Need to buy spaghetti and olive oil. But not too warmly I dressed today? Still need to walk the dog".

Buddhists call such games of the mind "monkey mind" in which chance has arisen wandering thoughts in our head, as in primates. In fact, many runners simply cease to control your thoughts, to unload the brain, and this is quite normal. But sometimes the monkeys can and do harm when uncontrolled thought flow goes to the reflection on the problems of humanity, which can lead to worsening of mood, decrease of enthusiasm and even stress.

Buddhists tame these "wild beasts" with the help of meditation. As a rule, this ancient practice is done with the help of relaxation in a static pose and focus on breathing. So achieved a state of peace.

The achievement of this state of thinking and more and more runners to join the run way to get rid of the hustle and bustle, which when running can only worsen. The practice of meditation while running, does Sakeng Jamgon Mipam Rinpoche , the spiritual leader of the global centers network "Shambhala Buddhism".

Skiing is an experienced runner who is already 9 times overcame marathons with a personal record of 3 hours and 5 minutes. He is also the author of the book "running with the use of meditation and the eponymous workshop, which was conducted repeatedly in different countries and cities. "Meditation reduces the stress and chaos of thoughts," says Skiing. — When we use as such running, it becomes an instrument that gives the body relaxation and vitality.

Thanks to the harmony and coherence of body and mind, we can feel more energetic, strong and hardy. Want to master the method of meditation on the run? This is to prepare for the marathon, you need time and of course exercise. Here in the same way as when preparing for a competition, it is necessary to consolidate skills through practical exercises. But, according to Skiing, mastering the technique of running meditation, you can very quickly in times to improve your results and health.

Setting the Most important element in the methodology of Sakeena is the understanding and feeling of his body: watch your breath control technique and the rhythm of running, the amplitude of the track work of your hands. If you feel tension in any part of the body, for example, excessively tight fists or tight shoulders, try to relax them but also try to identify and eliminate the cause of the tension. Also, try to get rid of the factors that can affect the efficiency of your run. For example, go to bed in time to sleep in and not feel overwhelmed.

According to Marty Sibilski — teacher center "Shambhala", who ran the marathon in 2:23 hours, it is very important to realize what is happening with your body while running. "We used to overcome the discomfort that occurs during the run," he says. But you need not to overcome it. Significantly reduce or even eliminate the negative sensations are possible, identifying their causes. The application of the meditation practice will make your practice more efficient, effective, and reduce the risk of traumas".

Positive thinking Results research has shown that an optimistic Outlook contributes to the expansion of the physical capabilities of the body and often leads to advances in the sport. According to statistics, athletes who were calm and positive, showed better results than those who experienced negative emotions or were stressed. The main outcome of meditation is to get rid of negative thinking. Guru taught to associate negative thoughts with the clouds and drive them away, as does the nature — using the wind.

The effectiveness of this practice is confirmed by many runners who tried it on myself. For example, Jesse Davis, a 34-year-old web designer from new York who used meditation during your marathon in 2010, said: "I can track the thoughts that come to my head while Jogging. And I can stop them, change, to realize where they came from. For example, the same thoughts about how hard it is for me to run. But in the end they're just thoughts, not reality".

Receiving calls From work given the hellish climbs, endless monotonous route, bad weather — all this can turn valuable experience in a disappointment, if you will allow your mind to do it. Says Skiing, each run is a challenge. And your task — to maintain their attitude, to be in good shape, keep the determination, and to enjoy the existing result, and not to suffer all the way from boredom and discomfort.

51-year-old lawyer Steve Joseph argues that only through their skills of meditation, he has managed to remain among the runners who completed the Boston marathon in 2012. At that time, as many people panicked and withdrew from the race due to the incredible heat, Joseph did stop and concentrate on your breathing. And it was the right strategy. "I was lying on the ground, when others were standing near the fence, creating me the shadow where I could cool off and hide from the sun," he recalled. — I sat down and relaxed at a time like the rest nervously trotted by. Therefore, I kept more strength and energy."

The body of a runner and so endowed with strength and endurance, and if we practice Jogging meditation, these qualities are many times will increase.

Love to run As a rule, professionals are not always satisfied with their results and want to achieve more. Of course, striving for perfection is fine, but you also need to appreciate their current achievements and opportunities. While running, think about positive developments and things that now happen: strengthens muscles, produces endorphins, you are doing important work for yourself and your body. The realization of such values will bring you a healthy self-esteem, whatever is going on in your life besides running.

Run and meditate to health! published

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: fitfixed.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting