Why yogis do not drink coffee and tea

Did You know that many yogis try to avoid tea and coffee? Not to mention the energy drinks. After a Cup of coffee or tea we usually feel a surge of vitality and strength, so what's the problem?

The fact is that caffeine and other stimulants are not themselves a source of energy, they just extract more energy from our own reserves. The body saves energy for special occasions — stress, difficult job, pregnancy, change of climate, sickness, so who knows what else. And we're spending how much in vain, unnecessarily, just to cheer up. It is as if we had a stock of firewood for the winter, and we have all summer fiddling with a campfire nothing better to do. And then suddenly, in the dead of winter with nothing to light the stove.

Than replace the traditional black and green tea? Nowadays there are lots of alternatives. Herbal teas, Rooibos, ginger ale, Russian Ivan-tea, Indian masala tea and many more. With herbs, however, need to be careful, they have their contraindications. If Ivan-tea or mint you can drink all you want, common oregano and St. John's wort is a strong herb that should not be used constantly.

My friends make wonderful fermented teas out of everything that grows in their country, — the leaves of Apple, cherry, raspberry, and even artichoke! Simple processing — and on the table a delicious and healthy drink. I usually drink tulasi (brought stocks from India), fees herbs (a large part is collected in summer itself), ginger tea, or tea with spices, sometimes Sagan-dayli. The summer cottage or in the village just go out in the field or in the garden and collected the appropriate leaves. I do not drink coffee at all, black tea is only sometimes in the morning before work, green — uncommon, usually at a party or in the summer heat.

If you lack energy, there is a great alternative — it sprouts!

The living grain, which has already given sprout, is the most energy-rich food, just the concentrate of energy. Imagine how much need the plant to rapidly ascend, to get to the sun and grow? Not to mention the fact that the sprouts contain a lot of vitamins and other useful elements. Try to include them in your menu and within a week you will feel fresh battery Energizer.

In the summer I usually don't eat sprouts because a lot of fresh vegetables, berries and herbs, but now is the time to switch to salads from sprouts. Don't forget to add spices to avoid some, ahem, carminative effect. Don't like salads, you can crush the sprouts in the blender and add to juices and smoothies. Days soak the first batch to Join! published

Author: Nelly Martov

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: loco-bird.livejournal.com/541047.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting