10 very small and very INTERESTING books!

1. Anna gavalda — "35 kilos of hope»

"35 kilos of hope" — a poetic parable about the main thing: the choice of life, the power of love and devotion. About family. That dreams can and must come true. It is necessary only very to want. And to try very hard. Solving their "baby" problems, thirteen-year-old hero looks for a way out — and finds him, so much so that adults have something boys have to learn.

2. Agatha Christie's "10 little Indians»

Ten unrelated people together in a mansion on a secluded island... Who called them here mysterious invitation? Why someone is killing them one by one, the most incredible ways? Why everything that happens is so closely bound up with a fun children's poem?

Sixty six million one hundred twenty nine thousand three hundred seventy nine

3. Richard Bach — "Jonathan Livingston Seagull»

Incredibly, none of the books by Richard Bach there is no Preface or afterword with his biography. And why? All we need to know about Seagull Richard Bach, we know from his books...

4. Franco Arminio — "Postcards from the world»

A few dozen stories in the first person, depicting the death of the narrator. “I'm one of those who at the death was in order.” Or: “the burial boards such as I, is depicted with a long handlebar moustache. I don't even remember how I died.”

Forty nine million five hundred eighty five thousand one hundred three

5. Ray Bradbury — "dandelion Wine»

Log in to the bright world of twelve-year old boy and live with him one summer, filled with events joyful and sad, mysterious and alarming; the summer when every day are made amazing discoveries, the main of which — you are alive, you breathe, you feel!
"Dandelion wine" by ray Bradbury is a classic work entered the Golden Fund of world literature.

6. Terry Pratchett — "the cat unvarnished»

In the beginning was the word, and the word was cat. This unshakable truth proclaimed to the peoples of the feline God through his obedient disciple of Terry Pratchett.
So, before you the gospel of the feline breeds. You will learn all about cats. What cats are made of, their internal structure, the laws that they are and do not act, what they eat and what you drink. Well, that was evident, the book has wonderful pictures of the English graphic artist gray of Jolliffe. Be with you cat's blessing! Meow!

7. Alessandro Baricco "Silk»

The novel by A. Baricco "Silk" — one of the brightest Italian bestsellers of the late twentieth century. The scene of the novel – Japan. Action time – the end of the XIX century. So no planes, washing machines, and psychoanalysis, the author warns us. More about that some other time. And yet – who captured Europe and America, thin as silk the story about the female Ghost and uncontrollable passions.

Sixty one million six hundred eleven thousand eight hundred sixty two

8. Sergei Dovlatov — "Suitcase»

Sergei Dovlatov is one of the most popular and widely read Russian writers of the late twentieth and early twenty — first century. His novels, stories and notebooks translated into many languages, filmed, studied in schools and universities. "Nature reserve", "Zone", "Foreigner", "Our", "Suitcase" — these and other amazingly funny and piercingly sad Dovlatov things have become classics. "Frostbitten toes and the ears of the head", "he drank the night before — feeling as if swallowed a rabbit hat with ears", "the alcoholism cure — alcoholism — no" jokes Dovlatov remembered at once and for life, a book I reread dozens of times. They never get bored.

9. Martin Page — "How I became an idiot»

"How I became stupid" is the debut novel by Martin Page, thirty-year ruler of the souls and minds of today's young French people. This "journey to stupidity" raises issues common to young intellectuals of his generation who can not fit into the "right" life. "The mind makes its possessor unhappy, lonely and poor, — the hero of the novel, then as an imitation of the mind brings immortality, reprinted on newsprint and the admiration of the public that believes everything he reads".

In one of the reviews of the book, the Page named "manifest childlike and adult cynicism at the same time". Readers love it for the ease of writing, wit, imagination and the ability to "not important", "don't try to look too adult."

10. Anne fine's "diary of a cat killer»

Fun book, written in the name of the cat tuffy in an unusual printing performance is a wonderful gift to kotmadam of all ages. Anne fine is beautiful "gave" the cat's speech, and Dean Krupskaya — translated into Russian, while maintaining a light humorous British accent. published 

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! © Join us at Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: vk.com/the_intellectuals?w=wall-43503264_74955

Tags

See also

New and interesting