Dream - the most important thing in life

Dream - the most important thing in life, says Joel Sandberg, an ophthalmologist from the University of Miami and the father of the executive director of Facebook Sheryl Sandberg. He wrote about this note, which immediately spread around the Internet. < Website supports the author's position: if people do not get enough sleep, it is of little avail. We publish an article by Joel unabridged.

I'm an ophthalmologist, not an expert on sleep, but sleep has always been very important to me, and I am on this subject a lot of thought Sleep -. It is wonderful a medicine that helps to feel fine. Lack of sleep leads to the development of chronic diseases - diabetes, diseases of the cardiovascular system, obesity and depression. The fatigue from lack of sleep compared to a state of intoxication.

It is normal that parents teach children to sleep. But it is equally important to accustom themselves to it. Nearly all surgeons-ophthalmologists, I know, is extremely concentrated (practically obsessed) on how to sleep well the night before surgery. They just crucial to sleep, no matter what without being distracted.

My own experience as a child I shared a room with my brother, who was four years older than me. Through this I have learned very well to sleep. I went to bed early, he came home late. I slept, and at this time he turned the lights on and do your homework. I learned to sleep so that I have nothing to distract. In his university years, I lived in a dormitory full brawlers in the room I had two neighbors. In the summer I worked in a hotel and sleep in a noisy barracks, where there were beds even 11 waiters

But I have always had one goal:. Eight hours of sleep every night In college, while my. classmates had fun at night, I always went to eight hours before I had to get up, especially before exams. The same was then in the Medical Academy.

Internship was for me a great challenge. I am often awakened in the middle of the night. But I found a new way to sleep for eight hours. I went to sleep before duty at eight o'clock in the hospital room to relax, and I managed to sleep for a few hours. And then, after working with patients, I often giving a total duration of sleep and eight hours.

< I now always try to sleep eight o'clock. Although many experts recommend to stick to the same schedule, I have to go to bed earlier, when an operation to be the following day. On weekends, I get up at the same time as on weekdays, and doing exercises that help me to live according to the schedule.

< Stick to the plan and turn off the TV, stop reading mail or book when I need to go before - a call I have to avoid procrastination and turn off the lights for eight hours before being triggered alarm

.. After a long day at the office, I often allocate 10-20 minutes for it to take a nap in the afternoon. In those days, when I need to go early, I miss the nap, that was not difficult to fall asleep at night.

When I was going somewhere, I try to sleep even further third of the time for which lengthened my day due to a different time zone. For example, if I go to the east coast to California, my day becomes longer than three hours, so I sleep an hour on the plane or before the trip.

Exercise helps me cope with the fatigue of travel. Morning aerobics - jogging or swimming - the best way to start the day. It removes fatigue and brings a good mood

Sleep should be a priority -.. Along with exercise and proper nutrition Lack of sleep leads to the fact that people are endlessly chew something ( and often something wrong, such as carbohydrates and refined sugar), just to replenish energy reserves. Lack of sleep interferes with exercise regularly - I want to sleep, not to go for a morning jog

. When people sleep well, they work more efficiently and productively, less error prone, more agreeable, happier - and even live longer

. via ideanomics.ru/?p=4859

Tags

See also

New and interesting