06.05. The tunnel, which is like a very long time

Shobe you know, make a hole with the earth under the English Channel chi Channel Tunnel, call it what you want to try on another very well years ago. We will not touch the delicate imagination of individual citizens and loud statements of entire nations, but for the first time Shoto more or less in a particular place already in 1750 year. Over a hundred years before the dreamer Monsieur Verne. Now, University of Amiens, God grant him prosperity and good students, held a competition for the best project of the tunnel, Schaub could not hipesha travel from Paris to London, is there a storm in the strait, or quite the opposite - complete calm. There was the winner - Nicolas Desmarest, competent shmuck that still showed on his fingers, so sho - ride is not only possible, but necessary, and sho like some time ago so already, only the hole was completely natural origin. At the expense of the latter I do not know, but somehow Nikolina paper did not seem convincing to the extent Schaub did start to dig.
But France was at that time strongly shebutnoy, the kings of drag, the whole of Europe at war, and to the channel just yet scratched hands, and in 1802 another restless engineer, sort of a Monsieur Albert Mathieu Flavia rolled out another proposal, as it is convenient to make a move in England. Everything is detailed and well-painted, how to dig, to ventilate than to cover and where to roll and beer. Yes, and this was. But again, I do not ask it. After another thirty godkov Aimé Tome de Gamon navayal already seven projects in the same direction. You can write a thousand and one night, but you get the idea: I wanted badly, and for a long time
. But it is - a dream about a high school pryntsa. That is, to come up and draw still possible. But where to take it? And from where have seriously decided to sho is time to sit and count the little, then immediately we realized that Shaw is still hemorrhagic. But the good citizens have started to ask an uncomfortable question: "sho, weak?" I had to collect a lot of bothering people with serious money for an understanding of the issue - the main contractor was called the Anglo-French consortium, in which there were 10 companies and 5 investment banks. Build. May 6, 1994 with serious pomp discovered six months later became juzat in full. Believe it - it is still comfortable, from London to Paris or vice versa - for three hours. And it is 490 kilometers away, for a moment.
True, there is little nuance - Schaub even repulse her, gentlemen investors have to wait a little longer. Because vbuhali had 10 yards and pounds is not so clean and smooth as it was on the paper ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting