Yoga, Pregnancy and teaching yoga during pregnancy

Teacher AYTS Natalia Savina
Pregnancy - a time when many women are taking up yoga, they really need time for themselves. Is it safe? What you can do, and what not to? What feelings cause yoga?
I've been doing yoga for 13 years and continued to practice during their pregnancy. Now I happily walked to the seventh month. I'm really lucky that earlier this year I had the opportunity to hold a course for teachers in prenatal yoga, which provided me some wonderful weeks of practice and a substantial amount of knowledge.

The decision to practice in the first trimester is very personal. When talking about Ashtanga practice, it is assumed that this period will be given a break. My personal opinion - it is highly unlikely that yoga kak-to affect the outcome of any pregnancy (based on experience), but given that many of us in the first few months, or sick, or unbearably sleepy, decided to make some adjustments, particularly It is wise. However, the complete abandonment of the practice can be a serious challenge for devotional practice. I remember in my first trimester was recorded on the recovery course for teachers, to ensure myself that I'll also practice a little yoga (the result was marvelous!).

I am happy to practice their second trimester, and most of the time felt great. I attended a Mysore classes, the LEDs of the first series and classes of Vinyasa Flow, and prenatal yoga classes and Yin Yoga. As a practitioner with a decent experience, I found that what I can do considerably outweigh the fact that I can not. Living becomes much easier when you are completely known possible modifications - no deep twists, only a very moderate deflections, without jumping, and as a bonus - a drink of water, and the air conditioner (not shown overheating during pregnancy). There is still time to vanishing Uddiyana bandha, which is a very good exercise in awareness mula bandha. There is something very intuitive in yoga during pregnancy. It's nice to know that no one will try anything you deepen in practice, and I have never had a desire to go beyond your comfort zone, or "how to try to" achieve something.

Inverted postures - a very interesting topic during pregnancy. My husband is convinced that if I do a headstand, something terrible will happen. Inverted postures such as headstand, during pregnancy, certainly not something worth trying the beginner yoga. However, they are absolutely safe for the experienced practitioner - although, in any case, does not hurt to be closer to the wall. I also started to like balance sheets, such as Ardha Chandrasany, forcing me to feel strong and give me a great feeling.

I led Ashtanga and other classes throughout her pregnancy and continue to enjoy it. I'm showing less and say more. While I am no longer able to demonstrate impeccable Chaturanga, I should let go of it all. Sometimes I feel a little crazy, speaking of Uddiyana Bandha and pull-navel to the spine, but overall it was an amazing experience. It is always possible to find a solution, and as a teacher, we must be resourceful; sometimes what we have to teach other way, gives us a great liberation - pulling us out of the circle of old habits

But the greatest experience of all of the experience so far has been teaching prenatal yoga during pregnancy. It is more than just teaching asanas, it is an amazing opportunity to make contact with other women going through similar experiences. I am grateful that the honor of helping others at this time, and I'm sure it will be the one to which I will devote many more years to come.

And finally, a few words about childbirth. I can only say, with some optimism I look at it, to have a natural childbirth without intervention (in a hospital in Dubai), and I can only hope that good health and shape of all this yoga will provide me a few trump cards in the deck. I also hope that with the help of yoga classes I can go to the education benefits of natural childbirth; a very significant global issue. The real challenge for me is to become a possible deviation from the plan - but I hope the adoption and approval will also be present, when they will need to come into the world a new life. As for maternity - only time will tell

!

Please contact me with all your questions about the practice of yoga during pregnancy. I can give advice to practitioners with experience, which make modifications Ashtanga series, but all the beginners in this system should only attend prenatal yoga classes.

Tags

See also

New and interesting