Ralph Go - silver medalist at the World Jiu-Jitsu

Ralph Go - Filipino fighter of the international class, which occupies the first and second places at prestigious competitions (World Cup, World Championship, European Championship and Asia) in Jiu-Jitsu. Its success is based on 100% vegetable diet and daily workouts.

Ralph, that you are inspired to do Jiu-Jitsu?

I started Jiu-Jitsu in college. I am interested in this form of martial arts that are weak can defeat the strong. But what intrigued me most, so this is an opportunity to use your imagination, it's like a game of chess with an infinite combination of options. I started training a few times a week, and did it very enthusiastically, because I wanted to be the best. As a result, this led me to participate in the competition in the southern part of Asia, Japan, Europe, Brazil and North America. And I was able to train with the world's best fighters.

The three most important things that you had allocated for success in your martial art?

As an athlete, I think it is very important to be involved in what you are doing 100%, to train hard and be open to everything new.

What inspired you to go vegan? How did that affect your performance?

The first time I heard about it when I watched UFC match on television, where a fighter by the name - John Fitch began to tell how this kind of great power it helps in preparation for competitions. It is advised to read books such as - "The Skinny Bastard" and "The Chinese study» (The China Study). After reading these books, I was upset with the way the meat / dairy industry are destroying our health, our planet, it contributes to poverty and tormented by billions of animals every day.

All I could think about is the health of my family and other people suffering from diseases that should never have been displayed due to the myth that we need to eat animals.

Majeure primarily caused emotional stress: children lose parents, sick people and the society seems normal that they

«just getting old." "In principle, I have learned that we can control our lives, that we have the right to choose to live, we can make himself bulletproof against all these diseases.

"Then I thought if I could just help one person to understand that he has a choice to live a life free of disease, full of energy, I would have assumed this obligation. "

In addition, I also learned about the consequences of a meat diet on the planet. Any seed that we give for animal feed (which we eat only in order to satisfy their taste preferences), could be used to feed hungry children. Arable land used for the cultivation of animals, to meet the global demand for meat could be used for building houses and growing plants to feed people. We definitely have enough food in the world to feed everyone, but people are still starving. From this view of the world that something is seriously wrong. We have one planet to feed everyone, but it is not enough to feed the hunger of everyone. This industry and way of life is not sustainable, and I will never support it.

Meanwhile nemenee, at first I still eat fish and take whey protein, when I tried to become a vegetarian. Many of my coaches and partners said that it would be dangerous to remove fish and protein from their diet and becoming completely vegan. Nevertheless, I was inspired by people like Brendan Brazier and his book - Thrive, which is a good explanation of how to write completely vegetable diet to enhance athletic performance. I would say that this diet will not make you stronger or faster athlete. But it will make your recovery much faster, so you will be able to train much more than others. You will also never have to worry about diseases. I was sick every month. I had to use about 20-25 pills (vitamins) in a day to maintain their health. But when I realized that makes people sick, I threw all those expensive vitamins, and since then I am no longer sick. I do not miss a single day of training, because I just was not sick.

I understand you're also experiencing a vegetarian raw food diet. Is it longer improves performance than the standard vegetarian diet?

Yes, I include raw foods in your diet, when I have the opportunity. At least daily I drink a green smoothie and eat a salad. I definitely agree that raw food is extremely beneficial for athletic performance. One of the reasons is that we do not need to spend our energy to digest food. This energy can be used to restore our muscles. Thus muscles recover faster.

Ralph Go - silver medalist of the Jiu-Jitsu World Championship
Translation Denis Shahmaeva

Tags

See also

New and interesting