Why we love to remember the "good old days"

People often think back to the past and remember most pleasant moments. It's so great to feel young again, turning in memory naive childhood or school adventures with friends. So Alicia Cook in his article admits that often thinks about how good it was before.

We are in the Website have decided to find out why nostalgia occupies such an important place in our lives.

Memories wherever you look. We retake the old movies and returning mode of previous years. And the Internet can find a lot of articles on the theme of "Do you remember, as before?".

So why are we so obsessed with nostalgia?

The answer is simple: we love to reminisce about the past, because it is our "good old days". And we call them so completely without reason. Every generation has, something to remember, and we do not come up with it first.

I began to realize that my parents felt when, at school, I asked them about the flared jeans and shirts with embroidery. I recently confessed to his father that still prefer to buy music on CDs rather than download on the Internet. What did he say? "Yes, I did listen to a plate».

We will always remember the past, thanks to one property of our brain. It erases the memory of all the little routine troubles and leaves a warm and cozy memories.

I feel the familiar smell, come in for a special place or hear an old song on the radio and immediately plunge into pleasant memories of the past. I bear a child, when my world was limited to a few streets, where my only concern was to return home in time for supper. Then I have not had to worry about the passing of time and lack of money.

Total for a moment, life suddenly becomes easier.

Before it was time digital photo retouching and endless attempts, it was just me, my friends and a disposable camera. Cheap plastic boxes of film inside. We did not care that someone blinks, or littered the horizon, or a finger half closed lens. The best footage I inserted into the frame to keep memories, not a photo.

Until the time when anyone can get through to us on the mobile phone in your pocket, in your ear on the wrist or in the columns of your car, it was time home phones. My friends knew the voices of my parents, brothers and sisters, because they had to ask me to call to your phone. And if I missed someone's call, I did not know about it until I get home.

And while I am increasingly keep their lives in the "cloud" and not on the album, I think back to the days when it was considered normal to watch live not through the screen of our phone.

I miss not only his childhood, but also at the time when the world was not so complicated. And I feel better when I often includes recording the old TV series, which ended long ago.

Nostalgia as a protective blanket. « The good old days » were much simpler life was simple, and we, too, were so simple.

Sometimes I think that before we were simply happier.

via ru.pinterest.com/goalinmind/charlotte-becker-~-artist/

Tags

See also

New and interesting