3 parable with oriental wisdom

Oriental parables are beautiful, but also filled with humor and even daring. And that's why, like a fine wine, only get more valuable with time.

Website 3 chose a short parable, which lies not only the age-old wisdom, but an unexpected morale.

The Magic Bridge h3>

Peasant walking along the road with his son. The son said something to his father, and at the same time told him the truth. The farmer realized that his son was cheating on him. Then he said:

- Now, son, we come to the bridge. This bridge is not simple, but magical: it falls under those who speak the truth.

The son was frightened and confessed to his father that he cheated.

The farmer and his son came to the bridge, and he fell.

- But I deceived you, - confessed to the peasant boy when they got to the shore. - There is no magic bridges.

Nasreddin Hodja and bloodthirsty bedouins h3>

- When I was in the desert - once I said Khoja Nasreddin - I got to run the whole tribe frightful blood-thirsty Bedouins.

- How did you do it?

- Easily. I just ran, and they ran after me.

The girl in silk kimono h3>

Somehow Gandzan Ekiden held and the way along the muddy road. Lil heavy rain. Going to the bank of the river, they met a girl in silk kimono that she could not go raging river. The girl was very beautiful.

- Come on, girl - immediately said Gandzan and taking her in his arms and carried her across the river.

Ekiden not renew conversations and silent till night, until they reached the temple, where we stayed for the night. There, he could not hold back any longer and said:

- We, the monks should not approach women, especially for such a young and beautiful, because it is dangerous. Why did you do?

- I left the girl there, on the beach - said Gandzan - but you're still talking about it.

Sources: The Big Book of Eastern wisdom, Moodrost
Preview: 7-themes

via 7-themes.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting