Message from Kurt Vonnegut school leavers

In 1995, the satirist Kurt Vonnegut gave a speech to the graduates of the University of Massachusetts, which remains relevant to this day. Website a happy life are the rules favorite writer, helps to see the beauty and perfection of the world.

"Dear graduates, smear sunscreen!

If I could only give you one piece of advice for the future, he would have been just about sunscreen. The benefits of their use has been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my recommendations are not a reliable basis than their own confusing experience, these tips, I will explain to you now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth until life you do not like, it passes. Believe me, in 20 years you will look at the photos and remember with a feeling that you just can not understand. How many opportunities were open to you and how fabulous you really looked. You do not weigh as much as you think. Do not worry about the future. Or, well, worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by using chewing gum. The real troubles in your life there are events that never crossed your worried mind, such that blindside you at four o'clock in the evening in some idle Tuesday. Every day do something anything from what scares you. Sing. Treat gently to the hearts of others. Do not reconciled with those who are indifferent to your heart. Do not forget to brush your teeth. Do not waste your time on jealousy, sometimes you're ahead, sometimes behind, the race is long and, in the end, you have it carried out only with itself a. Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults, and if you succeed in this, tell me how. Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements. Periodically pull up. Do not feel guilty if you do not know what you want to do with your life. The most interesting people from those whom I know had no idea at age 22, how they want to live their lives, and some of the most interesting I know forty years do not know until now. Consume calcium. Please respect to its knees, you'll miss them when they're gone. Maybe you'll marry, maybe not. Maybe you'll have children, maybe not. Maybe you'll divorce at forty, and maybe you'll dance the funky chicken dancing at the seventy-fifth anniversary of their wedding. Whatever you do, do not congratulate yourself too much, but do not abuse either. Your choice, like all half dominated by the case. Enjoy your body, use it as soon as you can, and do not be afraid of what other people think about it. Body - this is a great tool that you will ever have. Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your living room. and please do not read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly. Be complacent with their brothers and sisters, they are your best link to your past and those who are likely to be close to you in the future. Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few should hold on. Make every effort to overcome the gaps in geography and in life, because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young. Live a little in Moscow, but leave it before it makes you hard. Profit on the island of Bali, but leave it before it makes you soft. And, in general, travel in. Take some unavoidable truths: prices will rise, politicians will change their wives. You too will get old, and when you are old, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders. By the way, respect their elders, you never know when they will be gone forever. Do not assume that someone will provide you. Maybe you have your own investment fund, maybe you have a wealthy spouse, but you never know when one of them may leave you. Do not mess too much with your hair, or by the time the time you're forty, it will look at eighty-five. All we ever get out, but it is important to hold on to the end, into something believing. This is the biggest challenge, because it seems that there is no such feature, what really worth believing.

via www.liveinternet.ru/users/4373400/post299246247/

Tags

See also

New and interesting