Father said that his son's brain dead and his disconnect from the Office of Life Support

In the spring of 2015 in the family of 59-year-old George Pickering from Texas's great misfortune: he received a call from the hospital and was told that his only 27-year-old son, who after a few strokes in a coma, will be disconnected from the machine life support because his "brain is died »

George this blow was not able to do

He begged to continue to support his son's life and shouted that otherwise would kill himself. Soon a man appeared in the doorway of the clinic with a pistol caliber 9mm in his belt, he went into the intensive care unit where his son lay. There he met a doctor who confirmed that medical committee decided to disconnect the patient from a recognized hopeless devices

Desperate father pulled out a pistol and ordered everyone to leave the room, "to be alone with my son." Since then it began a four-hour standoff with police in Pickering hospital building.

And then there was the "miracle»!

Police and SWAT team surrounded the clinic. At this time, Pickering, in his own words, praying, holding the hand of his still connected to devices son, at times swearing out the window with the guardians of order.
"Squeeze my hand if you can hear me" - Pickering pleaded with his son. And suddenly really felt that his arm is compressed.
He repeated the request ...

«He squeezed my hand four times - told later Pickering. - It was a miracle! I knew that my son's brain was dead. I knew that my son is not a vegetable. I'm his father, I feel, what happens to my son ». B>

After four hours of intense Pickering voluntarily surrendered to the police. He was sure that he had done enough to prove that his son should be left alive. Before the incident clinic staff tried to discuss with him the possibility of sampling organs for transplantation to other patients, and now no one would dare to say that the brain of his 27-year-old son is dead.
A little later that evening, his son came out of the coma. Now he is almost fully recovered.
He turned on the bed, looked at his stepmother, and said "I love you, Mom».

Pickering Sr. was arrested and put in jail, but the sentence is then softened and the other day he was released.
"Of course, he has broken the law, - commented on the incident Pickering Jr. - but did it in good faith. If he did not, I would not be here. It's all out of love. Just out of love »

: Fishki.net

Tags

See also

New and interesting