History Lithuanian girl named Race or "the magic in the USSR"

Once there was a girl Race. In Soviet Lithuania.

In the summer of '83 the year it happened misfortune: her father worked as a tractor driver in the field, the mower and accidentally cut her foot on both feet. Race was 3 years old. In the yard the night soon. In the village there is no phone. To die - and only. The loss of blood and pain shock.

After 12 hours, the daughter of the tractor farm "Vadaktay" lying on the operating table cold in the capital of the Soviet Union.

For Tu-134 alarm raised that Friday night in Lithuania, "cleared" the air passage as far as Moscow. Managers know - in an empty cabin flying a small passenger. The first link "relay good" how to write a Lithuanian newspaper, and after them, and all the rest. Legs lined with frozen fish, fly on a nearby seat. In the ports - Moscow dawn takeoff on the field - with the included motor capital "fast". And in the waiting room at Children's Hospital young surgeon Datiashvili - called directly from the house, from the bed - is waiting for urgent flight from Lithuania. "It is - it is not" - to meet each machine with a red cross.

- The authorities did not give the go-ahead: no one did more such operations, - says Datiashvili. - That go wrong - I do not live. 12 th hour after the tragedy ...

- Carried on a stretcher - tiny body merges with the sheet. Shouts leg where? Legs peremorozheny, the fish falls to the floor ...

Ramaz Datiashvili says:

- Operate in the same breath. Crosslinking vial with a vessel, an artery with an artery, nerves, muscles, tendons.

4 hours after the operation began exhausted his assistants, whom he barely found sleeping in Moscow: nurse Lena Avtonyuk ("her exams session") and colleague of Dr Brand ("he's a famous person you now"). Ramaz sewed one: More tendon, another nerve.

- I once went on the high wire: it is necessary to look back - and you fall ...

After 9 pm, when the last stitches were imposed, little heels in the hands of Dr. warmed ... The gap was over.

I remember how genuinely worried for the race of the entire country. Legs Race sewn in Moscow, doctor doing surgery, was Georgian. No one in the head does not have to think about nationalities.

Tags

See also

New and interesting