"Psycho!" - Outraged us, when someone starts to behave ... weird. But who are psychopaths and sociopaths actually and why they prevent us to live? Site to understand the issue, and in a hurry to share with vami.Psihopat and sociopath - two terms that are popular psychology is used to describe people with antisocial personality disorder. Between them there are differences.
But first, about what unites them. A common feature sotsipata and psychopath - ignoring the safety of other people, their feelings and rights, a penchant for deception and manipulation. However, contrary to popular belief, these people do not always hot-tempered and inclined to violence.
The diagnosis can be established if a person other than the general criteria of personality disorder, there is at least three of the following symptoms:
regularly break the law and disregards social norms. Constantly lying and deceiving others. impulsive, is not able to plan in advance. Irritating and aggressive, prone to frequent fights. Not only cares about the safety of others. irresponsible, is not able to meet financial obligations. Do not feel remorse or contrition, causing harm to others. These symptoms begin to appear at the age of 15 years, and ten years later, people are already halfway to a serious personality disorder. What is it that the difference between the psychopath and a sociopath?
Features psychopath h3> 1. Psychopathy is likely to congenital disorders - to the emergence of personality traits have a genetic predisposition. Studies have shown that psychopaths are not sufficiently developed parts of the brain that are normally responsible for regulating emotions and impulse control.
2. As a rule, it is difficult to create a reliable psychopaths emotional attachment in relationships with other people. Instead, they build artificial, superficial relationship to manipulate the closest to the greatest benefit for themselves. Users for them - just pawns designed to realize their personal goals. And what would be the harm they do not cause others, psychopaths rarely feel remorse about their actions.
3. Oddly enough, in the eyes of others, they look charming, reliable, decent people with a normal, stable operation. Some of them even have a family and looks like a solid relationship with the partner.
4. Quite often, they are well educated, many can learn on their own. was involved in some criminal history, the psychopath will do everything to minimize the risk of punishment. He carefully plans a job and provide for all possible scenarios.
Examples of psychopaths in contemporary culture h3> Dexter (the hero of the American TV series "Dexter", 2006-2013); Anton Chigur (hero Javier Bardem in the film the Coen Brothers, 2007); Patrick Bateman in "American Psycho", Mary Herron (2000).
Features sociopath h3> 5. sociopath - a result of the influence of certain environmental factors, such as destroying a family atmosphere in which the child grew up, physical or emotional abuse, or some other childhood trauma. Sociopaths behave even more eccentric and unpredictable than psychopaths.
6. Having the same problems with the formation of attachments, some of them, however, can support someone a personal connection or feel your in a group of like-minded. , but they are incapable of long stay on the same job or to show the world a semblance of a normal family life.
7. to commit a crime, sociopaths act rashly and impulsively. They are easy to anger, ruffle, which is fraught with violence. Because of these features dangerous act sociopath easier to provide.
Examples of sociopaths in movies h3> The Joker in "The Dark Knight" Christopher Nolan (2008); Alex in "A Clockwork Orange" by Stanley Kubrick (1971).
Which one is more dangerous? h3> Both represent a danger to the public, at least until such time until they are trying to cope with his disorder. But psychopaths still more dangerous, because they do not feel the slightest guilt over his actions. They can be suspended from emotionally committed action. And for a man without compassion, the suffering of others just do not make no sense. Many well-known serial killers are psychopaths. But not all psychopaths and sociopaths or to be killers.
Psihpatiya and sociopathy - two different sides of antisocial personality disorder, which is diagnosed in about 1-3% of the population. It is more common in men and predominantly in people suffering from alcoholism, drug and substance abuse. Psychopaths are more manipulative and charming, it is easier to create a semblance of a normal life and to minimize their involvement in illegal activities. Sociopaths more eccentric, easy to fall into a rage and unable to carry on any normal life. They do evil recklessly and without considering the consequences.