Little girl rescued from the death of his brother

Tessie - it's pretty, but not for years a major six-year old girl. One day she heard her parents talking about her little brother Ted. She knew that he was seriously ill and that parents have little to no money. Tessie heard her dad told her mother weeping with despair: "Only a miracle could save Ted Now».

Then Tessie ran to his room and pulled out a glass jar out of the jam, which contained all her savings. She poured all the change on the floor and counted it carefully, then fold back the coins in a jar and ran as I could to the pharmacy.

She quietly waited for the pharmacist to give it attention, but he was too keen on conversation with another person to notice the girl. Tessie was the shuffling feet to attract at least a modicum of attention. No reaction. Then she began to cough loudly. Again nothing. Finally, she took out a coin and tapped it on the glass.

- What did you want? - I asked the pharmacist with irritation in his voice. - You see, I talk to my brother from Chicago whom I have not seen for several years.
- Well, I'd like to talk about my brother - Tessie said in the same tone as a pharmacist. - You know, he really, really sick ... and I want to buy a miracle.
- Forgive me?
- His name is Ted and he has something bad growing in my head, and my dad said that only a miracle can save him now. So how is this miracle?
- Girl, we do not sell miracles here. Sorry, but I can not help you, - said the pharmacist.
- Look, but I have money, I can pay. If this money is not enough, I can get more. Just tell me how much it costs.
Well-dressed brother pharmacist squatted down and beckoned to the girl.
- What kind of miracle you need your brother, kid?
- I do not know - sobbed Tessie. - I only know that he is very ill, and my mother says he needs an operation. But my father could not pay for it, so I decided to use my money.
- How many of them do you have? - Asked the man from Chicago. - < One dollar and eleven cents, - Tessie faltered. - And it's all my money. But if you want, I can get more.
- What a coincidence - the man smiled. - The dollar and eleven cents . He gripped it in his fist the money, took the girl by the arm and asked him to take her home.
- I want to look at your brother and meet your parents. Let's see what kind of miracle you need!

This well-dressed man was Dr. Carlton Armstrong, a surgeon known specializing in neurosurgery. He made the operation for free, and soon Ted was able to return home completely healthy. Mom and Dad were happy discussing random chain of events that led him to the surgeon.

- This doctor, - whispered my mother - a real miracle. I wonder how much would it cost?
Tessie smiled. She knew exactly how much a miracle cost ... One dollar and eleven cents. Plus sincere faith of a little girl.

via adme.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting