10 best quotes Winston Churchill

Grunts under kovromSer bulldog Winston Churchill once said: "I think everyone will agree that it is better to provide the history of the past, besides, I am going to write it." Great policies fulfilled his promise - he really had a hand in writing the history of not only their country but also around the world. Speeches Churchill - a real fount of worldly wisdom and state, so we offer you a selection of the most interesting statements "bulldog under the carpet».

"I love pigs. Cats look down on us, dogs look at us from the bottom up, and only the pig looking at us as equals ".Vospominaniya Churchill's private secretary, Anthony Montague-Browne.

"We have not overcome all the long way through the centuries, across the oceans, across the mountains and steppes, if we were spineless sissy" .Vystuplenie in the Parliament of Canada December 30, 1941, the year

"History with its flickering lamp wanders, stumbling over their own tracks. It tries to recreate the former, it echoes back, dim flash ignite the passion of former days ".Rech in the House of Commons of the British Parliament, 12 November 1940

"As has been said, democracy - the worst form of government except for all the others, has tried in our history" .Rech in the House of Commons of the British Parliament, 11 November 1947

"If you need to reach important goals, do not try to be smart and sensitive. Use a rough reception. One hit the mark, go back and hit again. And then - once more ".Sovet Prince of Wales, the future King of Great Britain Edward VIII, 1919

"As for me - I am an optimist. I do not see much good to be someone else ".Rech at a dinner party the Lord Mayor of the City of London, 9 November 1954, the first year

"Now we have the" adequacy ". What is the value? Adequacy - not a universal standard. Just ministers of His Majesty, describing the situation, prefer to call it simple - adequate ".Rech in the House of Commons of the British Parliament, 17 November 1938

"Never give up, never, never, never, never, in nothing - no great, no insignificant nor significant nor insignificant. Never give up, unless it is contrary to common sense and honor ".Vystuplenie to students at Harrow School, 29 October 1941

"To look too far ahead - this is a mistake. At any time, you can keep only a single link in the chain of destiny ".Rech in the House of Commons of the British Parliament on February 27, 1945

"In my life I have often had to choke on their words and have to admit I have always been convinced that it is a healthy food" .From the memoirs of Lord Norman Brook, former Cabinet Secretary UK

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting