Lyudmila Pavlichenko - the most successful female sniper in history

On account of Heroine of the Soviet Union Lyudmila Mikhailovna Pavlichenko - killed 309 German soldiers and officers, including 38 enemy snipers, making her the most successful female snipers. And it's only up to 1942, as the injury forced her to leave the battlefield well before the end of the war. However, Pavlichenko was very difficult to make your first shot.

"During the fight I was able to take a good position where I had no enemies in sight. But I could not bring myself to shoot. Before the war, I happened to shoot on the wheel, so I consider myself a very label. But to shoot a man - it's quite another thing! And while I hesitated, the Germans shot down a Russian soldier right beside me. He was so young and good! I was seized with rage and then I in no way doubt. "- Says Lyudmila.

After being wounded, and hospital Pavlicenco went to the United States, where she performed in various cities, inspiring allies. I especially remember her speech in Chicago: "Gentlemen, - blew over the crowd of thousands gathered sonorous voice. - I am twenty five years old. At the front, I had time to kill three hundred nine invaders. Do not you think, gentlemen, that you too long to hide behind my back ?! "There was a pause, and then the audience burst into applause.

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting