10 true facts about the first year of parenthood. This you will not read anywhere else!

When I was pregnant, I read the mountain of literature. What I just did not have to wade: the various books about parenting a newborn; and recommendations on how to transform it from a smiling child in a crybaby; and tips on healthy eating for everyone ... If only there was something to read, to be sure, I would have coped with this.

I thought that I knew everything about what one could learn. But what of all this information be useful to me in my life? Few. Very little ... Everything was much more difficult than it was written in the books. Literary fable, in a word. I've just wasted your time reading all this.

It is a pity that I did not know about what is written below, before being plunged into motherhood with the goals scored by the information from books, blogs and chat rooms for different moms. Yes, maybe these tips are not so ideal, maybe they got me a high price, but they are very truthful.

It's something about what I wanted to learn a little earlier:

1. Yes, being a parent, you have to go through fire and water, but at the same time, a lot of things happen to nice. B>
You will see every day in yourself and your child changes. Sometimes, they will occur during the day or even in a fraction of a second. Will all: great and terrible days. Did you do much wrong. Calm down, you have to take care of yourself, because someone loves you very much and needs you.

2. Be prepared for the fact that your body after childbirth will look awful. B>
Most likely will be swelling, a lot of stretch marks, your form has not changed for the better. The postpartum period is not perfect, as he is shown in the advertisement. But remember, you gave birth to the new man. Now for a: eat well, relax, dedicate time to themselves. Listen to people who say you're beautiful.

3. Your child is not the same as other children. B>
Each of us is unique. Your baby is no exception. Only you and your spouse should know how to deal with his own child. The baby will not behave as described under various smart books, and that's fine! The best of what you can do - is to postpone all the literature and get to know about your baby. What does he like? What makes him laugh? As it is easier to fall asleep? What is the sound of a baby when hungry? All it will do you good to a greater extent than the various instructions from strangers. You do not need to follow some abstract rules. Listen to your own heart.

4. We must stop saying the rest of the whole process easy and painless Parenthood. B>
All think the simpler the better. If it gives you any problems, then something is going wrong. But the reality is completely different: those things that seem difficult and unpleasant, eventually have a good outcome. This is called a miracle! Do not be afraid of difficulties, all the parents have to go through it. Do not believe the books that say that everything's cool, nothing, it is not so!

5. Speaking of children's poop and other troubles ...
All of these authors, falling into details, write entire treatises on how to eat right, to children's faeces were not so unpleasant odor; how to easily get rid of the children of surprises. Do not go to extremes, everything natural, everything is much easier than you think. You certainly get used to everything and cope with everything.

6. Master the art gracefully accept unwanted advice. B>
Everyone loves to talk about their own children, but also everyone on this issue has an opinion, and everyone wants to share it with others. Maybe all of these tips are given with good intentions, but often it happens this way: "If I have it worked out, it means that work and others!" You can with an innocent smile to thank all of those advisers, but go on to do their business, since only you know what is best for your child.

7. Time to become flexible in every sense of the word! B>
In the first year of life it is recommended that mothers sleep with him. But sleeping with the kids very uncomfortable: it is enough sleep the night and rumpled clothes, and no relationship with her husband - now with all these difficulties arise. But do not despair: ask for help, be late, go to the night at home in your pajamas. Do not hesitate, will miss several parties with friends. But it is normal. Do not worry, everything will be fine. Be aware of the utopian ideal of children books that fit perfectly into your previously drawn up schedule does not exist!

8. The best thing you can buy for your child, it is certainly not another toy, blanket or elegant carriage. B>
All the best that you can give him - a family. The family will support you in any moment, you're tired or angry; They feed you when you're hungry; Just when you will forget about their birthdays. They will love your child and take care of it when you're tired. Only native 100% understand that you are only an imperfect man who sometimes makes mistakes, but they will always love you, and in whatever was to maintain.

9. We need to support each other. B>
Children - the most difficult process of those of which you have ever known. You can under the influence of the tense atmosphere in anger tear each other to pieces, constantly criticize, resent, or to love each other, enjoy your baby and enjoy joint victory. The choice is yours!

10. Success lies in the desire to grow. B>
Admit it, you lot do not know yet. Even when your child of turns a year old, all your knowledge will also be not too rich. Gather the wisdom of the crumbs. Learn from your mistakes. Be humble. Stay open to the new. If you know how to do best - act. Be tomorrow better parent than you were today. Try and do not be afraid, if you fail. Life - this is not a game or competition. Live each moment, instead of minutes. Love your cute kid.

Of course, if your attitude is responsible for parenthood, you have to read and analyze a lot of literature, but did not give any advice to lead a stranger to your life. Only you and your child know what is good for you. Tell us about it seasoned and prospective parents.

girlofcardigan.com/ten-true-things-about-the-first-year-of-parenthood/

Tags

See also

New and interesting