What is really shown in these old photographs, will delight you!

Photographer Christine McConnell is able to travel in time. 33-year-old woman presented a project in which she recreates the portraits of their ancestors with them in the title role. Everything was simulated to detail: from the hairstyle to clothes.

Christine 1981

It all started when my mom Kristin showed her his old clothes in which she was photographed once. McConnell compete dress, it came to her - and she had a wonderful idea! The study of history a kind of always been an important part of her education. She grew up in a home where everywhere hung old portraits of her ancestors. When Christine was a child, these terrible pictures a little frightened her. But when Christine grew up, she realized that she had with her great-great-grandmother has a lot in common.

great-great-great-grandmother, Christine, March 1821

great-grandmother, Christine, Jane, 1858

great-grandmother, Christine, Atti Mai 1898

Christine's grandmother, Mildred 1928

Mother Christine, Catherine, 1957

A small "daughter" Christine Triger

Work on the reconstruction of each image, as recognized by Kristin is very laborious and time consuming. «Above each image, I have a job for several weeks. I try as much as possible, to choose the right clothes and the lighting separately for each portrait. I even had to make very few clothes. When the project was ready - I was amazed: each portrait, each of these women, I saw a completely different features of his face ». I>

Christine McConnell really done a great job! I even wanted to take the old album and look for unique pictures of their ancestors. Maybe I can work something out. What good pripadat dust? Show these delightful photos to your friends.

www.facebook.com/pages/Christine-H-McConnell/144386885580944

Tags

See also

New and interesting