They paid for 5 cups of coffee, but drank only 2. The reason was unexpected ...

The story tells our editorial staff, there was one in Italy. This sunny country can boast not only the historical and cultural values, but also a variety of goodies that are loved around the world. Pizza, pasta, sauces - they all taste Ausones. But do not forget the coffee! The locals are so fond of their national drink that morning starts with a cappuccino, espresso encouraged to day and even at night indulge yourself some coffee. And they have an unusual and very good tradition associated with coffee, which will be discussed in today's story.

« My friend and I came in a little cafe and order. As we walked to his table in a cafe two men entered and went to the bar. One of the included said: "Five of coffee, please. Two and three with a suspended ". They paid for the order, took two coffees and left i>.

I asked a friend: "What do you mean" suspended "Coffee?" "Wait and find out", - he said. Were more people. Two girls asked for one coffee and left. Next order of seven coffee made three lawyers - three cups for them and four suspended i>.

Still wondering about the "hanging" of coffee, I enjoyed the sunshine and stunning views of the square in front of the cafe. Suddenly I came into the shabbily dressed man, who looked like a beggar. He walked over to the counter and asked quietly: "Tell me, do you have hanging coffee? I>»

Everything was very simple: people pay in advance for the coffee, which they left those who could not afford to buy a hot drink ». i>

Such a generous custom originated in Naples and is now spreading around the world. About him say: « Caffe sospeso (« suspended coffee ") - coffee, which is an old tradition can be enjoyed in a café, to demonstrate their luck and generosity. The customer will receive one cup of coffee, and pay for more. In this way, the homeless and the poor can afford to go to a cafe and ask the barista if not reined in extra cup of drink. If before someone from the visitors ordered coffee sospeso, the waiter can treat the stranger free coffee i> ».

Even the famous Italian writer Luciano De Crescenzio called one of his books «Caffè sospeso», dedicating it to this ancient tradition of Naples. The writer described the custom of artistic beautifully: « When the Neapolitan, for whatever reason, feels happy, drinking coffee, he pays not only drunk but also pays for one more," suspended "- for the customer who will come later. It's like a coffee offered by the rest of the world, all of humanity ... i> »

As you can see, helping people easily. It is good that such a generous tradition goes slowly and to us, is not it? If you are of the same opinion, then share a story full of Italian spirit.

via ofigenno ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting