How much monthly living costs in California

In this post you will find a story of one family, moved to the US and is now living in a small town in Silicon Valley, a 30-minute drive from San Francisco. This family consists of two working spouses, rented an apartment-studio area of ​​almost 60 square meters, and have decided to share with us information about how much a month's worth of living in the apartment itself Kalifornii.Vot in which the characters live this posta.

Further text avtora.U We each have a car, as in our area to move to public transport is simply unrealistic, especially given the fact that we work and live in different cities. On weekdays, we are preparing ourselves and eat mostly at home. In the grocery store once a walk nedelyu.Podrobno I tell you about our spending in May - it was a normal month, and I think that in general it is clear that spending on chёm.Itak here, in our budget there are a few basic categories of costs and co. Let's start with the basic, so to speak zhizneobespechivayuschih.

Food basket worth $ 80 at one of the stores may look like this: A few comments on the plate: 1. Electricity we pay at the counter, and this amount varies from month to month depending on how often we turn on heating. By the way, a year of life in California convinced me that its climate is a bit overrated with respect to heat. Here we (state residents) are actively using heating and woolen socks, as if it did not sound epic:) 2. As for the insurance on the car, then the conditional benchmark can say that we have insurance a la Hull + insurance - for one car and insurance - for vtoroy.3. About mobile communications. The sum of $ 70 includes a direct mobile payment of $ 40 and $ 30 payment is interest-free loan of a mobile phone. The system of buying phones in America was highlighted by me in a separate post:) 4. Online. Speed ​​in our rate - 25 Mbit / p.5. The costs for the products we have increased compared to last year, when we were placed in the amount of $ 500-550. Not to say that something has changed dramatically. The products we zatarivatsya once a week. We have four main shop where we go. In one buy meat, other fruits, vegetables in the third, the fourth all prochee.

6. I have been doing yoga three times a week individually with a trainer. One session costs $ 7.25. About washing. Just in the month of May, we have been monitoring for apartments for rent, which found that the price of the apartment with a washing machine and dryer to be higher by about $ 150 a month, rather than an apartment without it (as you remember, mainly flats for rent without stiralki). So it turns out that we erase once a month. To be honest, if not for maintenance of the budget, I would myself did not believe it. Usually we just run for two cars - a color or black and white linen. Since the laundry washing machines of the industrial design, then they perfectly fit at least one set of bed linen, towels and all our stuff :) And no, we do not go in the dirty. And yes, we have enough clothes for a month:) Now go to the optional categories raskhodov.

Comments: 1. Outside the house we usually we eat on weekends and travel. The rest of the time prefer homemade food, which is prepared in collaboration with Ruslan. A little about the prices as a whole. For example, dinner at a sushi restaurant with a double and a single Philadelphia California costs about $ 15-20, depending on whether or not to drink. Dinner in the restaurant kitchen normal costs approximately $ 30-45 - the two main meals and napitki.2. In May, we went to visit with an overnight stay once and shot a hotel for two nights for $ 167.3. As for entertainment. For example, we went to an art party ($ 90), went to the sports fishing ($ 140) and ride on a boat on San Francisco Bay in ($ 70). Total caroused at $ 300.4. After Art Party, we are actively carried away by drawing, and eventually settled in our house easels, large and small canvases, various brushes, acrylic and oil paint - all these purchases took $ 140.Itogo in May, we spent $ 5264Na mandatory spending - $ 4236Na attendant - $ 1028

Tags

See also

New and interesting