Leatherman multitool introduced a new wearable as a bracelet

Despite my strong connection with IT, in my heart I still mechanic. That's why I sigh for slow outgoing internal combustion engines, on the wall of my room hangs a diploma of successful completion of courses motomehanika, and my favorite things - not smart phones with tablets and knives and multitools (multi-tools).

Long ago, when my friend gave me for DR multitul from Leatherman , I fell in love with these devices. He is the first, fell victim borsetochnikov (and it was the most bitter loss, especially since the documents returned to me then finding them a good man), but since I do not part with "lezermanom."

A small object in a leather case on his belt replaces a suitcase full of tools. My have a knife, hook knife, file, ruler (inch and millimeter), saw, pliers with wire cutters, bottle opener for canned food and bottles, two screwdrivers (normal and micro) with interchangeable bits (bits set in a separate cover), scissors, and perhaps something else, what I forgot. Not to mention the fact that the quality of its manufacturing allows them to hammer nails and used as brass knuckles.

The company was founded in 1983 by Timothy Lezermanom and his business partner, after Timothy during his travels by car tried with varying success in using a pocket knife to repair your old car or some leaking pipes in a hotel room. He managed to make a great multi-purpose tool that rescued me, and a great number of people, more than once. Of course, the specialized tools are usually better suited for special cases - but not carry the same with me, in fact, a box of them. Not everyone can be Wasserman.

And here it is - принципиально new device from proven company called Tread, ie "Link" (as in the track chain). Indeed, the original track chain. Only units with stainless steel contain 2-3 tool - a screwdriver and hexagons. And even in the buckle has two tools - a screwdriver and bottle opener (and without it, as it is known, any device is incomplete). Only 25 tools in one bracelet - screwdrivers, hexagon, a hook for cutting ropes, carbide tip to break the glass.

Links connected to each other with bolts and slotted head, so you can make them as you like, and, according to the company, adjust the length of the bracelet collected within a quarter of an inch. A mount allows links to rotate freely, so you can use a screwdriver, not looking bracelet. With the US administration on travel safety device accord - I think that in other countries, and particularly in places like airports and increased security problems should arise.

Especially because you can not just take the bracelet and Tread QM1 - watch designed specifically for him. And then a bracelet at first glance looks just like a metal bracelet for hours.

Yes, this is not Apple Watch. Male accessory - and looks cool, and there, where the conversation started. All this magnificence promise to release in autumn 2015. Bracelet for $ 150 (nielloed version for $ 200), watch with a bracelet for $ 500 ($ 600 for black).

"And that - ask my wife - often it happens that you go down the street and suddenly you'll need a screwdriver? Yes - I joke in response - go, and suddenly see something valuable - and it screwed! ". In fact, the situation where all of a sudden you urgently need some kind of tool is rare, but when they happen - no tools necessary to hard. As fond of saying a different occasion: it is better if you have it, and nothing happened, rather than vice versa. So perhaps I'll buy this bracelet. You never know what.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/244726/

Tags

See also

New and interesting