Care and maintenance of the puppy Alabai

Let's start from afar. This year, finished his childhood dream - has built a country house, probably will put photos New:

To protect the house through a few sleepless nights, was chosen breed of dog Alabay.
Proceeded to the purchase of this talent. Through sites breeders stumbled upon an extremely ambitious and high prices: more than 35,000 rubles., Or already podroschennyh puppies, about 6-8 months. Poraskinuv brains decided that I would fit a puppy younger, which would quickly weaned from their former owners. In the end, after long search on the Internet found an advertisement for the sale of this miracle:

Miracle bore the proud name of "Caesar", though still under the SLIC itself. There was a complete miracle pedigree, with his grandfather - the champion of Russia, club tattoo and giperkrutoy flea collars and other scum. Without thinking I hit with the owner hands over 27000 p. and took the puppy home.
The house he was met by a cat named Tyson:

Hardly rescued from my miracle cat, although still a puppy whined, afraid called the owner and hid in the closet:

About five days spent puppy in the house to get used to the new owners. During this period, we spoil it, as they could (including a dozen times a day wipe away pissing and other cases, it was even worse). In the meantime, I gathered him winter house on the street.

On the chips many times post gathering Kennel, so I'll deal with platitudes: Because we live in Siberia, and in the winter we have is for -40, booth collected from bars and OSB left over from construction. The floor, walls and ceiling are made of three layers. As insulation, mineral wool laid on the roof gone metal. As litter used three bags of straw (it is best to keep the temperature). Here's a photo of what happened: As warmer - oboshyu siding in the background at home, but it is not urgent.

Now, a little history about the breed Alabay: Alabay - this is one of the oldest breeds, the history of which is closely related to natural selection. The ancestors of this breed - mastiffs, people who lived on the territory of modern Central Asia, tamed for a long time, according to various sources, from 3 to 6 thousand years ago. All the peoples who lived here were engaged in nomadic pastoralism, and in this connection they needed certain qualities in dogs. They were supposed to guard livestock, help a person to hunt, to reflect the attack of enemies, to be strong, brave and hardy.
It is these qualities cultivated in dogs. There is evidence that even during the reign of the ancient khans, breeding dogs has received considerable attention. Each dog was put in charge of a special person, the number of dogs employs about 10,000 heads, and all that relates to breeding, controlled by brothers Khan.

Meanwhile, Caesar grew and gained strength, and, with a weight of 20 kg., Being silly and naughty puppy. It is time to train him.

I will mention a little bit about the possibilities of psychophysiological Alabai. This is a very large dogs (weight of adult males is greater than 80 kg.). In ALABAY elevated pain threshold, they practically do not feel pain. Congenital self-esteem, physical punishment can only offend puppy (although not do without them). In this ALABAY very balanced, although the guard and the guard instinct is very unpredictable. A puppy will likely react very aggressively, if your (his) will enter the territory of a third person. Also ALABAY inherent distrust of strangers. Even the puppy will not eat the food thrown by a stranger to him a man (tested repeatedly).

Now a bit of training. Alabai Puppies are very intelligent, clever and cunning. In the early stages of learning simple commands such as, "To me," "Sit" and so forth. You must use a treat, if the puppy executes the command. I usually use the sugar in pieces (two or three pieces no more, otherwise there may be problems with the teeth), or cheese - it's better (Caesar for his mom home will sell (though most likely he did not remember). Training the best starting with three months. The puppy at this age already quick-witted and not as scattered as in infancy. ALABAY easily perform commands: "To me", "sit", "down", "Next" (while walking), "The Place" "Protect", "Give me a paw." The aggressive commands like "FAS", "take", it is better to invite a coach (well, this is my personal experience, I myself could not achieve anything, and a professional trainer for a month dragged on Caesar "FAS" that Mama Do not Cry)

Then let's talk about the most important nutritional puppy. With two to three months - a six-power, with three to five - four times a day, from five years and up to three times a day. After a year, you can half board (morning and evening). Alabais omnivorous, but it is better to stick to the right diet. For the puppy needed, primarily vitamins (this potatoes, beets, carrots, happy to eat parsley, dill and so forth.) The diet is dominated by Caesar cereals: rice, buckwheat, oats, barley (most likes oats). Be sure raw meat and bones (in no case should not be given lard and chicken / duck / turkey bones from fat - fatty liver, and bones can injure mentioned intestine). The best choice of the bones - a hefty beef bones with cartilage and joints (can gnaw them all day) are also very good chicken head (worth a penny, eaten with pleasure and bone meal is not necessary to buy (about bone meal separately: I once actually fucked pompous dealer from a pet store, who said that for a long time have mineral preparations for the formation of the skeleton of a puppy and bone meal used under Peter the First ... From himself stated that these drugs are worth more than a trip to Goa, a chicken head, completely replace their ).
A single word about the dead wood. Dry food, if you want to translate a dog on him, it is better to take only a balanced «Royal Canin», or the like. However, Caesar somehow does not take seriously the dry feed and I decided to give them up.

--img12--

Finally, on fostering a sense of respect for the host. Alabais naturally gregarious dog. They instinctively developed sense of subordination to the leader. If you feed your puppy, it does not mean that it will take you a leader. This requires that all your family environment so considered and behaved. Puppies Alabai very understanding in this regard and lay in their minds that you are "Leader" is necessary in the first six months of his upbringing. In ALABAY innate sense of hierarchy and subordination. If a family has young children, it is better to abandon the purchase Alabai. Puppy will consider himself superior to them, and try to be punished for improper, in his vzglad behavior.

--img13--

Also, you should immediately take precedence over during feeding (especially raw meat and bones). Not to provoke a puppy, but do not let him roar and the rock itself. At the slightest sign of aggression - people marked than necessary. Peel only in the ass, in any case, in other places, as if adrenaline is not off scale. Puppy will fight (this is for anyone checked). Beat until until whined and not run away to hide. All day to ignore it and to show how angry at him. The next day, most likely himself, whining, crawl on their bellies to you to put up (as I mentioned, a very intelligent and ALABAY lessons remember the first time). You must accustom him to the fact that you can hand to take a piece of meat from his jaws (just to give) without any signs of aggression, or when it is grown beast under hundredweight weight, will get his tenth road when he eats.

--img14--

In conclusion, I want to recommend to all the best guard, watchman, and a true friend! Of course, this Alabay.

--img15--

Well, and, come to us in Siberia. I will be glad to all!

--img16--

Tags

See also

New and interesting