New train "Talgo"

Original post
Total 40 photos

On the night of 27 October and the next morning, participated in the testing of the new train "Talgo" on the route Moscow - Nizhny Novgorod - Moscow. As you may have already heard, December 14, this structure will rise instead of "Peregrine" on a regular service on this route, as long as there are different stages of testing. Along the way, teams of conductors, machinists, engineers, workers train depot accustomed to the new technique, which has a lot of its features.

About a month ago, Alexander aka russos participated in an earlier stage of working off the train when simulate a full load on the wheel pairs - by placing heavy discs in the cabin, on the short arm to Vladimir. And this time I rode on a full shoulder to Nizhny Novgorod - there on the train back to Moscow in electric locomotives, with an overview of the profile and the path of the new catenary. And just found an epic moment of the first increase in the permitted speed on this test range from 160 to 180 km / h. If "Peregrine Falcon" goes strictly restricted to 160 on this course, the "Talgo" will go up to 180, with a reduction of time the way to 3 hours 30 minutes.

Because the test trip for me was clearly divided into two different parts on the content, I will do two posts respectively: the first part (this is now) will be devoted to a campaign on the composition and review of cars of different classes, and the second part (on the next page. Week) will talk about impressions on the way out of the cab electric locomotive EP20 and new infrastructure Nizhny Novgorod travel.

Thus, the "Talgo", a new 20-car passenger train with three classes of cars.

The trip started for me late at night - about half of the fourth, at the Kursk station. In the evening I "Peregrine" came with Peter, and another three hours while away the time at the station, struggling with sleep. But now, finally, the right train is approaching, enough to walk :)

3. Composition long, 20 cars, and more than half of them have not yet unpacked: Seat in the film, on the floor of the protective cardboard.

4. The first impression after stopping: jolly Spaniard in overalls, debug engineer from the manufacturer. I, by the way, after 20 minutes following administration also took a Spaniard, what below :)

5. I went inside. After a couple of cars passed the wardroom of crew, whose role is played until the carriage bar.

In the mess-maker, microwave and cheerful conductors. I sit down with the others, listen travel stories, drinking hot tea, not bothering anyone. Yes, I am in a bright red jacket with the inscription busurmanskoy Marnot (rhymes with Talgo), a bit like a Spanish overalls. Th-on zaparke not removed it, though warm inside. Suddenly the cabin goes nashensky engineer, and me, pleading:
 - Senor, including tailing, and!
 - (I am puzzled) ???
 - (Conductors, with a laugh), Bob, it's not Spanish! They further, in the restaurant :)

6. Well, drank hot tea from the soul (at night when klyuёsh nose, it is extremely important), then testers took me farther:
 - You can sleep here until night. Sorry there is no passenger, so sit as you can.
 - Come on, I'm familiar. First time chtol. Jacket under his head and doze.
 - Just remember not to slam the door! Access to the compartment on the card, and without it will have to pick up the keys, then they are all different and it is long and tedious.
 - Okay, okay.

7. Well, the bed jacket with fliskoy under his head, and from 4 to 6.30 am really nap, sleep like scary.

8. However, at 6.27 set myself an alarm clock, and decided that while everyone is asleep and no one bothers -'ll go slowly the entire composition, examination details and hearken to the plan. 8.35 In arriving at Lower, everything should have time.

Did so. Here are just forgotten about chip with slamming coupe and of course, slammed him leaving. Then on return had yet to go to the testers, the keys and ask me about ten minutes picking the right :)

However, okay. Let's go with me in composition.
Just specify that the composition is not in a state of ceremonial nadraennom "before opening", and in the form of technological routine. This is a real working tests, not for glamor press services.

Disposition he has this:
1) 9 cars class "Tourist" (our second class)
2) 2 car class "Business" (first class)
3) 5 cars "Grand Class" (compartment with toilet, shower)
4) 1 wagon bar
5) 1 dining car
6) 2-car plant to ensure full autonomy in parking lots or on non-electrified lines.

Composition in complete without its "head", in the locomotive version.
As I said railroad, autonomous composition bezlokomotivny expensive to operate and less nadezhёn under large temperature differences, especially low. Therefore the chosen layout "composition + 2 system locomotive". On the way there is a splicing station Vladimir, where changes to the current type AC to DC power.

9. start watching with tourists class.

10. Crews unpacked the car.

11. And here is unpacked. 2 + 2 layout, wide passage. You can break up with the conductor which carries the cart with food. Normal durable, sufficient in size, space for bags, backpacks - not that Polish train from Lithuania to Belarus.

12. He sat down in the chair. Nice detail: bend lumbar. So fatigue during prolonged sitting lower - I'm in such a chair flew from Beijing to Peter, the Chinese company "Hainan Airlines", and 9 hours relatively little tired.

13. Durable table, upholstered armrests. Mesh for newspapers and small items. Downstairs - 1 outlet for every 2 seats (it can be seen in the previous photo №12). Footrest. In the armrest - audio channels at 10 + audio for movies that are broadcast on general monitors the ceiling.

14. The inter-vehicle pass, however, as something too narrow. Our wider aisles.

15. Business class. Here 1 + 2 layout.

16. The chair may decompose so take accumbency, with the surface for the feet.

17. There is a solitary and quiet place, at the end of the wagon.

18. The chair + audio.

19. In both classes compulsorily placed coolers for cold and hot water, just like in the Chinese high-speed train. I hope that their commercial savvy head of economic services of Railways did not dismount, and leave in place. This is important for passenger comfort - free access to water and hot water, although lower sales revenues bartenders inside the train, which sell for vodichku nehily money.

20. Also provided everywhere and space for luggage volume.

21. Toilets are in each car. They are slightly different on the device - in business, there is also changing tables.

22. Go ahead.

23. Finally, the Grand Prix class.

24. This deluxe sleeper - some analogue of our "soft».

25. He double on a "top and bottom", the chair can quickly turn into a bed.

Tags

See also

New and interesting