About clash of generations

In late 2012, I moved to my grandfather. He has lived for several years alone, every day he grew weaker and has needed help.

I entered the room of his grandmother - she died of cancer on this bed 6 years ago. Since then, the room was allegedly closed down - no one there even came.

Grandpa was 16 when World War II began. He wanted to get to the front, two times with a friend, they ran out of the house, but their chafing from the train. Grandpa was not a sailor and not fought, so I was curious why he did such a tattoo. He said that these tattoos are very popular among young people during the war, the young people were proud of the military and wanted to feel ownership of them.

His memory is weakened by the day - and the number of drugs increased. I made him a schedule.

Grandpa lost his sense of time. He has a lot of resting, napping, but said that he always lacked the time - as if the whole day was busy with something. In those days, when he was going to make soup, he got up 2 hours early to catch everything.

Grandfather smoked for more than 70 years, according to him, the doctor told him that he might die, if it is cast.

He had glaucoma and cataracts in both eyes - do the surgery it was too late and he lost his sight every day.

Our first walk for 3 months. Grandpa held my hand and was able to walk around the house only. Despite his weakness, we are having a great time and talked a lot more than before.

88th birthday. Grandpa did not allow us to celebrate in a big room - and we sat as a family in a very cramped kitchen. There was a complete lack of the holiday feeling.

The ritual of shaving takes him at least an hour, when I tried to shave it, it turned out that this is a very painful procedure.

A few days later I was again persuaded him to go to the street. But the walk lasted only 5 minutes, it already does not have the strength. More grandfather did not go to the street.

On the table lay a grandfather all at the right place. I was strictly forbidden that any move or remove.

Grandpa says little, almost not moving. The communication link between him and the world is getting thinner and thinner every day. The hardest thing becomes continue to perceive it as a person. He dozed in the chair - you're sitting in my room for a laptop and do their own thing.

Grandpa died May 1st. I can only hope that in his last days he felt that he was not alone.

Source: mainfun.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting