Evolution of Windows: how varied the most popular operating system in 29 years

Evolution of Windows: how varied the most popular operating systems for 29 years

I guess I'm now will create one of the most popular posts boyanistaya on Yap. Just read the last topic about Windows 10, I was inspired by nostalgia and I decided to tell and remind the history of one of the most popular operating system in the world.

I bet many of you have forgotten what it is in the last century. Let's remember together.

Will have 14 images and text, please do not break, I will inform you about the end.
Osnovnyak post took from here

Windows 1.0 - 20 November 1985

In the early 80s there was only one computer that a regular user could talk to "you» - Lisa from Apple. The project was a failure, but, on the one hand, he paved the way for the Mac, and on the other - has created a precedent for the use of the graphical user interface. The original idea interface WIMP (Windows, Icons, Menu, Pointer) belonged to Xerox. But without doing anything sensible, Xerox gave the idea of ​​Apple, which has transformed the windows, menus, icons and cursors in the main "chip" consumer PCs.

Meanwhile, Microsoft is led by Steve Ballmer, Bill Gates and Paul Allen worked on the operating system MS-DOS, the command line which was a mediator between man, "iron" and programs. User experience of MS-DOS was diametrically opposed to that of the proposed system Apple. And, of course, Microsoft could not dismiss it.

As a result, in 1983, it was announced the beginning of a graphical user interface for MS-DOS, and November 20, 1985 officially released shell program for MS-DOS, called Windows 1.0. System requirements were as: MS-DOS 2.0, the presence of two floppy disk or hard drive, graphics card and at least 256 KB of RAM. Windows 1.0 was not able to be as popular as the Macintosh from Apple. However, Microsoft is still supported her for 16 years, until 31 December 2001.

Windows 2.0 - December 9, 1987

Microsoft releases the second version of Windows with improved graphics. Windows 2.0 took everything he could give the new Intel 286 and later Intel 386. There was increased memory function implemented overlay windows on each other, the desktop icons appear, and the user can interact with the system using a "hot" combination keys. Windows 2.0 has helped Microsoft to become the largest company in the software development.

Tags

See also

New and interesting