A resident of Belarus fashioned windmill on the site

The intricate design, driven by the force of the wind, from a distance like a clumsy robot from an old sci-fi story. Extensive hands-blades briefly then freeze, then rotate again. Specifications 15-meter wind turbine entrepreneur from the village of New Poddube Shchuchyn area Motiejus Sinkyavichus calculated in mind. And build it from old car parts. Received full enough electricity for lighting the yard and workshops.

35 pictures.
via

2. "Big mind here is not necessary, only time and a little patience - modest master. - On energy saving afterthought. Just wanted to distract from the work itself and grandson amuse. " An unusual experience of taming the wind in the Belarusian outback - our photo essay.

5.Istoriya Motiejus refutes the conventional wisdom about the hopelessness of life in rural wilderness. Even here, having a sober and industrious hands, you can achieve and prosperity at home, and respect among people. In the border village of the family moved from Lithuania in the nineties. Settling in a new place, the master do what he likes - stone processing. Machine tools for working with rough natural material collected his own hands.

"Since childhood, I was drawn to the equipment and machinery. Probably, this tendency was passed from uncle, who taught me a lot - says our source. - In fourth grade, already knew how to operate the machine. As a lad, reworked motorcycles, mopeds, studied at the College for watchmaker, 18 years independently collected tractor. "

7.O taming alternative energy craftsman thought for a long time. In Lithuania, which happens from time to time, he saw a lot of windmills. So last year began to perform his plan for the electrification of the yard.

Supports the design served four decommissioned concrete pillars power lines. Motiejus installed them without assistance, using a homemade crane and winch. For each pillar was dug pit depth of five feet, into the ground covered with stones and poured cement. So that the wind turbine withstand even the storm.

9.Pochti all components of the wind turbine - the old units and parts of motor vehicles and agricultural machinery. The blades are welded to the iron wheels, go on KAMAZ rear axle, propeller shaft from the "Volga" gear from diggers. "Sails" turbines are made of tin sheets and cut vertically in half barrels.

14.Cherez belt drive rotation of the turbine is transmitted to the generator that at a wind speed of 5 meters per second produces 5 kilowatts of power, feeding a dozen 12-volt LED lights throughout the site. Even if there was complete calm, light bulbs will burn in the yard for two nights, consuming the stored battery power.

18.Flyuger turns here and there and catches the wind from different directions, substituting the blade angle. Suddenly a whirlwind gust speeds up installation, and us standing at the foot of the windmill, is not alone. Do not break the screw during a hurricane? All thought, explains the designer: in case of emergency there is a hydraulic handbrake and brake pads. At any time, you can immobilize power.

"My windmill weak. I admit, I'm not quite satisfied with them. If now start all over again, the sail-turbine would have done three times more. From the blades is not much use. I wanted to take them off, but was dissuaded villagers. So, they say, beautiful "- smiles Motiejus.

20.Esli time permits, the master is going to modernize the plant, increasing the power of the wind turbine twice. It is necessary to add another three blades. Then it will be possible to organize a full heating workshops. And turn the TV, refrigerator and other appliances to the free energy, he is in no hurry. Explains: "For this we need to buy an expensive inverter converts 12 volts to 220 volts. And it makes no sense. There will come a calm - sit battery. Wind Lawless. We do not live on the beach and in the mountains. Safer to buy electricity from the state. That Navahrudak, in the hills, it makes sense to build windmills. And we've got nisin wrong place. "

22.My ask the home owner to calculate how much money this saves here "Rainbow" on the site. He thinks, and then shakes his head: "Wind for me fun way to take a break from work. Nothing more. Some savings, of course. But the meager sum. Each month, equipped with Electric boiler house consumes 1,000 kW • h, workshops - 1500-2000 kW • h. I'm on site production, because at higher pay rates. It turns out four million per month. Expensive? Do you know how much energy is necessary to cut and process the stone? »

Motiejus shows his workshops, includes huge saws, demonstrating the principle of the self-made machines.

25. Two years ago Sinkyavichus produced two monuments to the mass grave in the village of Pervomaisk Shchuchyn area. Money for work not picked up. And before that did monument fighter pilot, crashed near the village of Vasilishki. These facts we read in the internet when preparing for a business trip.

"Today you are here, but tomorrow you anymore. Working with the monuments, you start to appreciate life "- philosophically remarked master, examining their work.

28.Sobstvenny business allows you to not depend on the garden. Plot near the house Motiejus turned into a museum of technology and rural life. Fence propped up some old motorcycles, near the equestrian Potato in the garage - GAZ M-20 "Victory" in 1949. Bought curiosity was quite rotten, but the son decided to restore it. Children adopted from his father a passion for machines and mechanisms. Their work is also associated with the stone and monuments.

33. There are in the area and a small pond with carp and crayfish.

35.Litovets origin, Motiejus Sinkyavichus can go home, which became part of a larger EU, but somehow remains in Belarus. At the end of the meeting we learned that keeps him in our country: "I appreciate those places. My grandfather was a native of Belarus, Belarusian wife. Here, quiet and comfortable, in the villages of the order, the fields have been removed and not overgrown with weeds, as in Lithuania. Feels batkova hand. What are the benefits of the European Union, if my cousin worked all my life with stone, pay more taxes, and now receives a pension of $ 200? With that money can not live in Lithuania. Of course, in Belarus, too, have enough problems. When we moved here in the nineties, there was seething life in the villages had many children. Over the years, young people parted in the city, and now it is unlikely to be brought back back ».

That's all. Thank you all.

Tags

See also

New and interesting