Features profession. Nurse

The team
We have a young team, senior nurse of 25 years. Some still studying at the medical institutions the other graduated from medical college. I work in the emergency hospital, many patients, work hard, so arranged the young: not everyone in life can stand it.
Female, despite the fact that work is heavy, slightly more than younger people. Officially profession "nurse" did not exist: the men in the workbook still write "nurse." The most sporting and powerful of them work in the "receiver" - the waiting room, there is the hardest physically: it is necessary to carry a lot of patients on different floors.
I believe that anyone who is studying to be a doctor must work an average staff - a nurse or a nurse. This is especially true of those who are going to work with your hands, such as the future surgeons. There are doctors who do not know how to switch a drip - it is quite a shame. In my high school nurses operate most of the students, but the most desperate zadrotov. The most difficult thing - do not stop loving his profession until until you go out with a diploma. It seems to me a year ago I loved medicine more. It is a thankless job, and non-monetary.

Duties of nurses
Terms of reference of the nurses is quite wide. In our surgical ward patients are heavy, work more. In the morning we are handing out pills, inspect the patient: we throw at each sight, as though re-acquainted. I work on weekends, when there is no separate procedural nurse, so she put drip and injections. Sometimes you have to make dressings. Typically, this has been a doctor, but sometimes he does not have time. Or there are the days when the department is no doctor on duty - this is due to staff reductions.
The most difficult cases are associated with heart failure. We immediately phoning resuscitation, say the code word "suitcases." They immediately understand what is happening. Within two minutes, rising at this time nurse doing compressions.
Change nurses last night. Sometimes it take a nap. We have a selector - a device for calling - who yells almost the entire hospital. He even wake the dead. Number of shifts per month varies. The most that I saw - 14. Most doctors and nurses are working part-time in several hospitals. The salary we - three thousand rubles per shift. In the other hospitals is less.
Patients
I rarely grublyu patients, only in extreme cases. For example, a patient recently decided to teach me how to put a dropper. He began to rearrange her own, broke. I had to say that if he did not calm down, I'll drive it.
Probably, it is predictable, but males aged are most afraid of injections and treatments - scream, twitch. There are also very patient, patients - all sewn-pereshito but suffer. I do not always get to calm patients, but usually they just need to speak out, especially granny.
One patient tried to kill me. He suffered a stroke, he was partially paralyzed and began to go mad. When I approached him, he began shouting that he hates me. He grabbed the cup and threw it with all his strength into me. I hit in the leg.
Previously, there have been many non-core patients, such as delirium tremens. During the work I was proprietary algorithm displays squirrels. First, such patients become very intrusive approach, asking how they are treated. Then, for no apparent reason, they run up and say that their ward on the wall water flows. Of course, there is no water. More later, they fit in a jacket with a calm look and say, "I have declassified you spend here on my experience, I'm calling the police and leaving." The outcome of one: they are sent to a block exogenous intoxication, put a dropper, give a sedative - and they wake up people.

On the relation to death
Now I was the cold-blooded and death did not surprise me. When dying seriously ill, old people, treat it as an inevitability.
I do not remember that I cried at work. In the beginning, after the change came home and I had a real tantrum. While we lay grandfather, who had to amputate his leg. He did not yet know, constantly rubbing and massaging the foot. And then he sat down and began to eat oranges. He really enjoyed them, and I was very touched by it.
Generally, with the amputation of the feet associated with the most sad cases. Very often people do not cope with it and go crazy. Behind them need special care. After the amputation, many come to the hospital with suppuration and die here. Recently we brought quite a young woman - she was about 50. Her daughter appeared at the hospital only once, to draw up the documents for an apartment. A few weeks after the amputations and extract it came to us with suppuration, terrible fever, chills, she was dying. This woman worked as a nurse operating lifetime.
Office Romance
Relations arise in a good half of the staff, as a rule, between doctors and nurses. In the words of one of our doctor, "We all are one microflora." They sleep with each other directly on the - in the duty room, nursing, on the stairs. Most importantly, even if a couple that do not matter, they remain friends, still sweet deal, continue to make jokes. There are also successful novels, people get married. One good series on this theme - "Grey's Anatomy." The only way to combine the hospital love, sex, and quality work is unrealistic. Therefore, physicians each other better not sleep. Incidentally, the surgeon no women to marry, why man is another man in the house. We both lonely.
People who dedicate their lives to medicine, in addition to the hospital to spend time once and nowhere. If they work there for 15 days in a month, where they have yet to meet, relax, drink, have sex? Many combine it quite successfully.
Thanks patients
The most common gift for nurses - chocolate "special." He's lying in stacks, and we do not know what to do with it. There are also larger prezenty: recently a woman who lay with severe disease, brought a huge basket of sweets, fruits, flowers.
Earnings doctor also depends on how the patient is grateful. Surgeon fed his hands. I know of cases where the well-done surgery, the patient gave a tip of fifty thousand rubles.
Handle in private clinics, if it is not about gynecology, urology, dentistry, proctology or cosmetologist, I would not advise. The patient usually does not know what he wanted, so he just cut down to money. In public hospitals, doctors practice more, and they are responsible. In private clinics usually go to work lazy doctor.

Source: www.the-village.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting