Lighthouse Skrypleva

Today the port city of Vladivostok begins immediately after the sound marine "gate" - the right side of the ship pass by the green beam of the lighthouse Basargina and left - past the island Skrypleva that glow red.

Lighthouse Skrypleva appeared in 1876, just after the landing crew "Manchuria" in the Amur Bay. Unique phenomenon - the lighthouse island, which is half an hour from the city by boat, but is a separate state as to which is not reached and hardly will get plugs, elections, infill development ... It even helicopters, citizens become familiar in recent years, do not reach.

During World War II there was antiboat battery where running ensign very young girl watching the six combat guns. This fact dispels the urban legend about the seaside "Alcatraz».

"Desert" - said in the guide, but in fact the island lighthouse resides with his family - Yuriy Vakulenko, his wife Love Vakulenko and her mother Raisa Samoilov:
 - In 1989, I brought my friend here, Vladimir Samoilov. His ideas and strength to do all that there is today. For years the lighthouse coal, but we went the other way and was transferred to the island of diesel fuel, which to this day supply from the mainland. Unfortunately, for health reasons in 2003, Vladimir was gone, and I was left here to maintain the lighthouse. Who, if not I?

From afar, seemingly small and completely uninhabitable island Skryplev was an affable place. Among the cliffs stands a lighthouse with a cozy annex of a house - the royal building, meter-thick walls, high arched ceilings. In the yard - two dogs who can compete in size with a small bear, but it can not bite. Scattered around the hill a few gardens, which grows herbs, berries and vegetables.

- A little later we all matures - says Raisa Samoilov - but grows no worse than anywhere else in Primorye.

It seems that life at the lighthouse measured and calm, but the whole family is liable watch - every three hours is necessary to check the condition of the lighthouse or turn it on schedule drawn up for the year. In addition, attention should be paid diesel engine - mechanical heart of the island. Works all missing.

- Skryplev - a real lighthouse family - says Yuri Vakulenko - as in 1989, Samoilov brought us here, has infected an energy island, the opportunity to live on his plot of land and manage it, so we are here and we live - happily and harmoniously.

As a real "governor" of the island, Yuri loves Skryplev all my heart, even found a special here "wise place" where thought about all the problems and decided to important questions. "Our Albion" - so the family Vakulenko and Samoilov dubbed Skrypleva island, which is true, is often covered in fog so thick that no one can see the sea.

Steep inaccessible cliffs on the one hand, the wide road hospitable - the other. On the shore runs erratically incredible amount of crabs, moist wind blowing - a truly relaxing atmosphere. Meanwhile Skrypleva lighthouse - the oldest and most powerful lighthouse in Primorye, pushing the light beam into two dozen miles ahead, every second is ready for operation.

PS: Still a lot of photos.
1. Skryplёva Island lies at the entrance to the Eastern Bosphorus Strait from the Ussuri Bay, 3 km south of Vladivostok (Basargina peninsula) and in 1, 5 km to the northeast of the peninsula on the island of Russian Zhitkova.

2. The length of the island from north-west to south-east is 0, 2 km. Maximum width of 0, 12 km. The total area of ​​approximately 0, 02 km². Maximum altitude of 45, 6 m. In the relief of the island there are two area - northern and southern plateau braid, with three sides surrounded by rocky cliffs. On the north coast of the island is occupied by pebble beaches. From the south, east and west coast of the high steep precipices to the sea cliffs. In the south there is a small beach. At the northern tip of the spit and the whole island is poluzamytaya ground rusty barge.

3. The island is named after CG Skryplёva - commander of the corvette "Novik" conducts hydrographic surveys in the Gulf of Peter the Great in 1862. The island is the oldest lighthouse, founded in 1865, still serving a reliable reference point for all ships and became one of the trademarks of Vladivostok. When there is a lighthouse beacon and nautofon. The unofficial name of the island in the professional environment of seafarers - "Mogul».

4. Meet Victoria - granddaughter Jura Vakulenko. It was she who gave us a tour of the island, running after us wherever we went.

5. Victoria 6 years on the island holds its "vacation". "I like it here, not only to play with anyone," - she says.

6. First of all, settling on the lighthouse, put all our stuff, we went to the dilapidated barracks. It was on it and pay a lot of attention when passing by the island. Her mystical and somewhat frightening appearance fascinates, attracts there, in my head strange questions, remember the excerpts from the film "Shutter Island».

7. Once inside we brought such a landscape. The barracks was completely destroyed, and what we see outside, nothing but a simple skeleton, once populated buildings

8. For the former barracks are tanks with fuel, it just supports the "heart" of the lighthouse - a diesel engine that runs all day long.

9. After Vick led us to the shore, where they were scattered various iron units, cast ashore in a heavy storm.

10. "Pet Sematary". Here are buried the previous two dogs. Now the island carry their watch two dogs - Paris and Rex. Paris loud healthy dog ​​that runs around on his heels and strive to crawl under the arm, saying, I ironed. But Rex though guarding the island its barking, a little cowardly. "When we have a storm, lightning, dogs whine, sift the house. Afraid. But no one outside the island will not be allowed. Good dogs. Their mission - to stop the man. Do not bite, namely to stop. They did not bite anyone else and will not bite, because everyone on the island with kindness, good island. "- Says Yuri.

11. On the island we spent exactly one day. And exactly one day he was enveloped in a dense fog. Only occasionally were small clearing and we could see the lighthouse Basargin, Russian bridge on Russian Island Oceanarium. But then again, all clouded, and a lingering loud honking ships from somewhere far disturbed the quiet serenity of the island.

14. The well of water.

15. Many ask why this island car ?! I asked myself this question when I first saw it. The second question was about how he got here ?!
Yuri explained, "And you imagine. Here are brought to you by 12 tons of supplies, and how do you, I'll drag it all to the lighthouse ?! Before him, on this road however as 300 meters. And so, all loaded, but in one swing flew upstairs. - Laughs - I put on the road traffic police post, but hang signs. Fast, easy and fun. »

16. While Vick drove us around the island come lunch time, even more precisely, at Jin. The entire dinner we walked.

17. Diesel engines that provide job just beacon work round the clock. Their sound is heard in the house, but after a few hours of stay, and gradually starts to get used to just ignore them.

17. After dinner, went to the street. It was necessary to keep the copter, take off the lighthouse and the island top. The fog had cleared a little, which is good. However, a strong wind gave us really fly, copter constantly carried away to the side. a little bit, but it was blowing. After a couple of shots put him.

18. At the beginning of the street a bit dark, and that means it's time to take a stand and run to the bank.

24. At 21:54 the fire beacon Skrypleva already pierced the misty canopy. Perhaps it was the only plus fog - clearly visible red bows main lamp lighthouse (there is also a double).

25. filmed outside of us spend inside the tower.

28. shoot a lighthouse evening went to sleep. Jura placed us in the main building of the lighthouse, freeing one of the rooms. Generally on the island there is also a guest house, two baths and several outbuildings. All that is necessary for life, work and leisure. With Sergey decided to get up early and shoot the sunrise.
Exactly at 6 am Service led us to the window - light, but the fog. Fog is such that not even seen the shore. So sleep ...

29. Approximately 9-10 am already fully awake, went to the shore. Just shoot, walk, breathe. Quiet and peaceful. Far away from the mist, like yesterday, heard the ship's whistles. Sound is heard well, but the source is not visible. As if the ghost ship visited these waters.

34. Paris followed us all, accompanying his every step we take and their barking. Whether he was talking about the lighthouse, or about his life, service, or simply a habit.

36. Raisa Samoilov for cooking food for dogs.

37. Time 18-19. It is time to gather and "stomp" to the house, to the mainland. By evening of the second day did kebab copter and started again ...

38. And all ... Farewell, boat, sea, pitching and the mainland. And further, lumbering buses, bustling people, bulk and recall continental problems and concerns. And then just the usual, like all life.

Source: alexhitrov.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting