1. The human eye is so sensitive that if the Earth was flat, we would see a candle in the darkness at a distance of 32 kilometers.
The most distant object visible to the naked eye is the Andromeda Galaxy, which is located at a distance of 2, 6 million light-years from Earth.
2. If you remove all the empty space in the atoms of all the people, the whole human race can fit in a sugar cube.
Humanity or atoms constituting us - it 99.9999999999999% empty space. In theory, if you remove all the blank space, you can put humanity within the scope of a sugar cube.
3. Alaska - the most northern, western and eastern US state.
Alaska is the most eastern and most western states. Aleutian Islands, Alaska, crossing the western and eastern hemisphere.
4. The card deck is never reshuffled in the same order.
If every star in our galaxy were a trillion planets, and each planet would live a trillion people, and each one had a trillion decks of cards, and they would have shuffled cards 1,000 times per second, and did so from the time of the Big Bang, it is possible only now the procedure would be repeated.
5. Each 200th person living today is a descendant of Genghis Khan.
The ruler of one of the largest empires in history, Genghis Khan made great efforts to pass on their genes.
6. If the penny was about the size of Earth, the atom would be the size of a penny.
If you have received a gold atom per second, which took place from the time of the Big Bang, the weight of your gold jewelry would not exceed 0 14 mg.
7. 1 of 10 photos taken in the history of mankind, has been made over the past 12 months.
According to some estimates, people have made about 880 billion photos for 2014, and it is mostly self.
8. Your blood vessels are long enough to circle the Earth 12 times.
In the human body 160,000 km of blood vessels. That's enough to go around the Earth at 12,742 km diameter.
9. In the universe more stars than grains of sand on all the beaches of our planet.
In the universe about 10 sextillion stars (1 with 22 zeros). On all the beaches of the Earth about 5 sextillion grains.
10. Antarctica - the world's largest desert.
Although Antarctica is not like a desert, in the year falls here less than 5 cm of precipitation. Sahara gets up to 10 cm of rainfall per year.
11. The line of all possible combinations of the Rubik's Cube can reach the sun more than 17 million times.
If you would be a separate cube for each possible permutation of the Rubik's Cube, and you put them end to end, it would have lasted for 262 light-years. For comparison, the Sun is at a distance of 8 light-minutes, and the nearest star - Proxima Centauri, at a distance of 4 light-years from Earth.
12. If you fold a piece of paper 42 times, it will be thick enough to reach the moon.
Whenever you put a sheet of paper, the thickness thereof increases in geometric progression. By the time you put a piece of paper 20 times, its height will be 9, 6 km away, and it is higher than Everest. This means that the addition of 42 will be of sufficient thickness to achieve up to 239 000 km moon.
13. In your brain more brain connections than there are stars in the galaxy.
The number of synapses in the average human brain trillions, namely, 0, 15 quadrillion. In the Milky Way about 100 billion stars.
14. If the room is 57 people, or 99 percent chance that at least at the two match days of birth.
Add another 13 people, and the chances will increase to 99, 99 percent.
15. In your navel - the whole "jungle».
The tiny hollow your stomach is the size of the jungle ecosystem. After studying 60 navels, the researchers found there 2368 bacterial species, 1458 of which are not known to science.
16. The world population of ants is the same weight as the world's human population.
Ants exceed the number of people in a ratio of 1 to one million that compensates for their small size.
17. Weight of the Internet is one strawberry
Most of the digital information in the motion of the electrons is, like everything else. According to estimates, the global Internet traffic weighs about 50 grams.
18. Calculator is more powerful than the computers with which people have landed on the moon in 1969
A storage capacity iPhone5 240, 000 times more than the Voyager spacecraft.
19. 50 percent of human DNA is similar to banana
Our DNA is 95 percent similar to the DNA of chimpanzees, and 50 percent of bananas. We are all descended from the same family tree - the tree of life, and therefore have similar characteristics.
20. The surface of Mars is better studied than the ocean floor.
About 72 percent of Earth's surface is covered by water. So far we have examined only 5 percent of this vast region.
Interesting facts about everything
21. Fingers man so sensitive that, if they were the size of Earth, they would feel the difference between the houses and cars.
Fingers of man able to feel incredibly small nano-scale imperfections in the seemingly completely smooth surface.
22. Plankton produces 50 percent of the Earth's oxygen.
Phytoplankton, like trees and plants use photosynthesis to turn light into energy.
23. Russian land mass larger than Pluto
Pluto - one of the largest dwarf planet. Pluto's surface area is 1, 67 x 10 ^ 7 sq. km. Pluto size is about 3, 3 percent of the surface of the Earth.
24. Every day, uploaded to YouTube video equivalent of 16 years
Each month is loaded 6 billion hours of recorded human history.
25. The deepest point in the ocean is so deep that if Everest were placed to the bottom, then the top would still be immersed for 1, 6 km under water.
Mariana Trench, the depth of which is about 11 km, is located in the Pacific Ocean and is home to the most mysterious sea creatures.