Fedor Konyukhov has completed the journey across the Pacific Ocean.

Today, May 31, navigator reached the shores of Australia, moorings in port Mooloolaba (Queensland) around 13 pm local time. According to the International Ocean Rowing Society, Grooms showed the best result we had sailed the Pacific for 160 days.
The previous record in a rowboat put English navigator Jim Shekhdar in 2001 to get from Peru to Australia for 273 days.

I recall a Russian sailor went to a single journey from Chile to Australia December 14, 2013. Originally planned to cross the traveler rowed the Pacific Ocean for 200 days. For passage 6, 5000 miles of the famous explorer had to make 4, 5 million strokes, working 11 hours a day.
However, on the fourth day oar trip 9-meter boat "Turgoyak", named after the South Ural lakes, out of order. Powered by solar panels onboard battery stops charging. Travelers had to interrupt the voyage to the port of Concon.
Reactivate your way to Australia Konjuhovu managed only on December 22 after the replacement of lithium batteries on helium.
At this mishap traveler is not over. Halfway Konjuhovu met dangerous archipelagos, and then caught the storm navigator. North wind bore rowing boat to the islands of the Tuamotu. Having survived one element, Grooms almost became a victim of the other: in a few days, two miles from the boat flew a giant tornado miraculously zadevshy Mariners. After that, for a rowing boat two days chasing 1, 5 -etrovaya shark.
On the 131st day of solitary swimming Grooms at the will of the wind moved in the opposite direction from the course. Upset navigator tried to rescue stranded or boat bird. However, overland guest seasick, resulting bird died without waiting for the arrival on the island.

--img4--

"The Earth is not yet very firm," - said stepped ashore Grooms corr. His very first steps were actually slightly insecure, but just a few moments, he was able to walk unaided.
After a triumphant finish, when asked about future plans, Grooms said that planned to make a non-stop flight around the earth in a balloon. He intends to start in Australia, flying from west to east roughly along the 40th latitude and finish again in Australia. However, the traveler refused to say when it might happen. "I have over 40 years of travel - reminded Grooms. - Before I did this mainly for scientific purposes and for fun, but now I think of the younger generation who want to instill the spirit of romance. I want people to dream more ยป.
Asked about the difficulties on the way, Grooms said, "At first it was difficult, and then even harder." "The main difficulty is exactly the kind of test is its monotony, - continued the story of the traveler. - Every day I tried to paddle 18 hours, slept for 20-25 minutes, but not more than two and a half hours per day. - On the other hand, I walked with God's help - all the biggest storms passed me, the boat never turned over, I helped drive currents.

--img5--

Tags

See also

New and interesting