Fedor Konyukhov!

From December 2013 to May 2014 Fedor Konyukhov plans to cross the Pacific Ocean in a rowboat on the greatest length from South America to Australia.
Start will be held in Chile, the port of Valparaiso, finish in Australia (East Coast). The route length of 9,000 nautical miles. Approximate travel time - 6 months. Especially for this project built a unique 9-meter boat of "TURGOYAK».

Start: December 14, 2013, Time - 07:00 am.

December 12, 2012, on his birthday Fedor Konyukhov formally presented a new project - the crossing of the Pacific Ocean in a rowboat. The problem - for the first time in history to cross the Pacific Ocean in a rowing boat from the continent - a continent "non-stop".

At the beginning of December 2012 paid a visit to England, the entrance of which was finally approved the design of the 9-meter boat (working title boats "K9") and decided to build a boat on the east coast of England (near the town of Ipswich).

The development of a unique design study English Philip Morrison Design Bureau, which designed a 7-meter rowing boat "URALAZ" for Fedor Konyukhov in 2001 he crossed the ocean for 46 days and set a world record for crossing the Atlantic in a rowboat. The project has been so successful that the drawings URALAZ boats were made more than 20 ocean-going boats. New Boat - "K9" will be constructed of durable material carbon fiber (carbon). Responsible for the construction of the boat and its equipment will be an Englishman - Charlie Pitcher. It is worth noting that Charlie himself has crossed the Atlantic Ocean alone in a rowboat in 52 days. In January 2013, it starts again from the Canary Islands to try to set a new world record for single and cross the Atlantic in 40 days!

Fedor Konyukhov, "the organization of such a large project as the intersection of the Pacific - a super-task and we need high-level professionals. If you compare the Atlantic - here the route in 3 thousand. Miles, which can be overcome in one season. Pacific in the area of ​​Chile, the east coast of Australia, has a length of the route almost 8 thousand. Miles. We focus on the 180-200 days in the ocean and it is clear that in one season I have missed. Started planning the summer (December in the southern hemisphere), and finish in late autumn storms on the way to Australia, I can not avoid. The boat must withstand enormous loads, and I will need the latest technology, the latest developments in the field of ocean rowing project. So I was invited to the project operating ocean rowers - Simon and Charlie, moreover, they are both builders of boats, each boat built for its rowing marathons. I also important is the experience of Simon as the organizer of the race across the ocean, logistics England - Chile - Australia is complex and we will need his experience ».

The project is funded by your friends Fedor Konyukhov, businessmen of the Chelyabinsk region - Oleg Sirotin and Sergei Eremenko.

Home is scheduled for December 14, 2013 from Chile.
Estimated travel time - 200 days.
Neighborhood finish - the east coast of Australia.

Photos from the expedition of Fyodor Konyukhov ...

December 19, 2010. Fedor Konyukhov ordained priest.

Here's a he - a man!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting