Underground museum. Museum of Mining, Geology and Speleology.

Located at a depth of 70 meters underground museum gives visitors the opportunity to get acquainted with the gypsum mine, the basics of mining,
see how the underground mined pure white gypsum. Part of the museum devoted to the history
mining and development of local gypsum deposits, which began in the 30s of the last century.

1. Old entrance to the mine, which is no longer used

2. Right at the new entrance to the mine are trucks with gypsum

3. The fact that the museum is located in the actual operating mines. Only the production of gypsum goes
2, 5 kilometers from the entrance and Museum - 300 meters

4. And it is in the museum. By the way, before you go down each were given a helmet, jersey and portable lights. Without sweatshirts easily can be frozen - even in 25 degrees outside temperature is in the museum only +9

5. Our guide to the underworld

6. One of the rooms is dedicated to geology, which represents over 300 pieces of rock mined in Russia and CIS abroad

7. All this wealth keeps Mistress gypsum mountains

8. Some deer. Also made of plaster. Resembles a coat of arms of Nizhny Novgorod (http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Герб_Нижнего_Новгорода)

9. There are as small pieces of extinct animals and dinosaurs ...

10. ... and bigger pieces. Only these are not made from plaster

11. But painted. A backlit it all looks very nice)

12. Triceratops. Since childhood - my favorite kind of dinosaurs)

13. He, larger

14. There are Deinonychus

15. Pachycephalosauria

16. This way we love all the miners, they like him because of his take, because he, too, almost in a helmet)

17. On the walls you can see samples of Palaeolithic paintings found in the caves of France, Spain, Italy, Russia

20. Another highlighted dinosaur Dimetrodon

21. And this - the remains of departed from the group and lost tourists

22. The joke of course)

23. This character for some reason called Gosha

24. One of the compositions provided herein. Tourists at the shore of the underground river

25. Wedding dead. Several such scenes, they should intimidate any tripper got here. Only it looks rather banal and can scare except that the children, though I doubt it

26. Sam gypsum slightly transparent way

27. Our tour, which lasted half an hour, came to an end. Now turn off the light guide at the museum and we move upstairs

28. Now and sunlight visible. The closer to the exit, the warmer it becomes. I felt it especially because of the sweatshirt refused

29. That's it! We were in the familiar world)

30. And this is - I)

32. Mine does not like weak,
Miners - working people!
Good employees glory,
We are always proud of them.

33. The composition of freshly mined gypsum went to the processing plant

In addition to the above, in the museum a few minutes, you can explore the caves of the Ural and Caucasus. With stereoscopes seen in some volume halls and galleries of the caves, so that will create a sense of presence in the cave. You can also visit the schungite room. The museum expositions Gzhel production, product Bornukovskaya stone-cutting factory.
The museum is unique and a genuine interest and admiration.
?

mr-ank

Tags

See also

New and interesting