My attempt to find relatives Hans.

As I found on the mortal tokens, trying to find relatives of the owner.

During a campaign for mushrooms, we got a zhetonchik. After a brief survey of the neighboring territory of equipment and found the remains of the bones of a German soldier. Pot, jar and helmet, greatly posechennye fragments, presumably mortar shell, as evidenced by a relatively small crater a few meters.

Remains of a machine-gun tape and a large number of spent cartridges, indicating that our Hans was a machine gunner.
As is known, such chips are almost nothing, on this, the claims of other mushroom pickers it was not, and I set out to find relatives and to merge them all this swag with bones for transport to the fatherland. Do not think, free of course. Moreover, the soldiers will likely be considered the Missing as badge undivided.
Explanation of the medal showed that it belonged to the soldier of the 1st company of the 103rd Infantry Battalion, a reserve (Infanterie Ersatz Bataillon) with identification number 624.
Honestly, for me it was news, it's all the information that can be extracted from a medal at all. Rummaging in the Internet found that this battalion was formed in the City Qitai the south-east Germany, Saxony. On my ad on the city in the village of Facebook, said one German. He filed a request to the archive of the Bundeswehr. A month later, the answer came that we simply amazed! It has been reported that there is a missing persons, but information on the soldier can be transferred only in the case of transfer of the remains to them. So, you understand, and lay the bones of a soldier in a remote Russian forest, slightly covered with earth. But it is possible that there are people who will give all for the information about their beloved father, grandfather ...
Maybe someone knows what else path identification. Or Mission Impossible?
For one, I congratulate all a Happy Victory Day!

Gallery small, since no advance planning to spread anywhere, and with other attacks do not want to mix.

--img4--

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting