"Fictional lunch" - a project Dinah Fried

Amazing and tasty embody art designer Dean Freed.

Now in general became popular incarnations of literary characters, and not only them. Everywhere are theme parks for children are held animated presentation. Inspiration finally touched and food. In this collection you will find a real dishes that ate fictional (or once living, described in the book) characters.

Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll

- Would you like a cake? - Kindly offered Hare.
Alice looked around the whole table, but there was nothing there, except for Dummies and
tea ware.
- What cake? Something I do not see him - she said.
- His here and there - he confirmed Hare.

Translation B. Zakhoder

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Hunter S. Thompson

- That's right, laugh! You are all white. - He has already managed to open a new bottle of tequila and drank it in big gulps. Then he grabbed a grapefruit and cut it in half steel hunting knife with a sharp razor blade.
- Where did you get the knife? - I asked.
- Brought from the room service, I asked. To cut limes.
- What limes?
- Lima was not. They do not grow in the desert.

Heidi or Magic Valley, Johann Spyri (novel about an orphan and her life, based on the book of the same name filmed movie, 1937)

Girl with delight bit into the bread and soft as butter, cheese. It was a terribly delicious! Heidi washed down with milk is a miracle, and she looked terribly pleased.

Moby Dick, Herman Melville

Appetites we have about played out in the frosty air after the trip, especially Queequeg, who saw in front of him suddenly a favorite dish fishing; besides the taste of this dish it turned out to be just perfect, so we dealt with him with great haste, and then, leaning back for a moment, I remembered Mrs. Fury declared: "Razinkov or cod!»

Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens

He was just a child, fell into despair by hunger and grief became reckless. He got up from the table and coming up with a bowl and spoon in hand, to the warden said, a little startled his audacity:
- Excuse me, sir, I want more.

On the Road Jack Kerouac

I ate an apple pie with cream ice cream - as I moved into the heart of Iowa, both getting better: the pie bigger, fatter cream.

The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath

At the banquet table in the edition of "women's magazine" were placed cut in half green and yellow fruit avocado stuffed with crab meat, mayonnaise, dishes with roast beef and chicken and cold - not too far from each other - kremanki voluminous, full of caviar. That day I did not have time to have breakfast in the hotel cafeteria, limited only by a cup of black coffee - so bitter that I had stung in the nose - and now felt a terrible hunger.

Conversion of Franz Kafka

There were stale, with rotten vegetables; left over from dinner the bones covered with white frozen sauce; some raisins and almonds; a piece of cheese, which Gregor two days ago declared inedible; loaf of dry bread, slice of bread, buttered, and a slice of bread, buttered and sprinkled with salt. On top of all this she put it the same, once and for all, probably dedicated to Gregor bowl, filling it with water.

The Catcher in the Rye, Jerome D. Salinger

I gave the bags to store and went to the station buffet breakfast. I ate decently: orange juice, bacon and eggs, toast and coffee. Usually in the morning I only drink juice. I eat very little, very little. That's why I'm so skinny. I have registered there are a lot of starchy foods and all that stuff to catch up on weight, but I did not think. When I'm somewhere, I usually take a sandwich with Swiss cheese and a glass of malted milk. Utter nonsense, but a lot of vitamins in milk.

The Secret Garden, Frances Eliza Burnett

A few days later Dicken brought Mary and Colin food to perfection. Found near the park where they first saw Mary, the ravine, he put it out of stone brazier. In it they baked potatoes and eggs. Liver eggs Mary and Colin are still ever tried, and they really liked it. A baked potato with fresh oil was not only delicious, but also, in conjunction with parcels Mrs. Sowerby, wonderful satisfy hunger.

To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee

- Daddy Tom Robinson sent to you today chicken, and I had fried.
- Tell him that for me it is a great honor, because even the president certainly does not serve breakfast chickens. What's this?

The girl with the dragon tautirovkoy, Larsson

A collection of fascinating photographs included in the book "The most memorable dishes Literature" edited by Harper Collins. The book illustrations accompany excerpts from selected books, the facts about the author and the novel.

Towards Swann, Marcel Proust

The book "Fictional dinners" has conceived a grand success. After its publication chefs all over the planet have started to prepare pork kidney prescription Ulysses or make tea this way, as did the March Hare. Some restaurateurs have even bought the book as an annex to the menu and surprise its visitors with that ate "Gatsby himself».

The Great Gatsby, F. Scott

On the tables, in the sparkling ring snacks lined ham, stuffed with spices, salads, colorful, like a harlequin tights, pigs, baked in dough, fried turkey is cast magic glitter of gold. In the great hall was erected high rack, even with copper Pristupko as in this bar, and then there just was not - and gin, and liqueurs, and some old-fashioned drinks, disused for so long that many young guests do not know them even by name.

Tags

See also

New and interesting