Photographers who know each

Windows XP - the most successful in the history of the operating system. And, despite the fact that its support is officially over, more than 500 million people around the world continue to use it. But behind it is another story. The history of the most popular photos, which was fortunate enough to become the default wallpaper for Windows XP.

Continuing further & gt; & gt;

"Bliss" or "Bliss", namely the so-called picture was made by American photographer Charles O'Rear (Charles O'Rear) in Napa Valley, California (Napa Valley, California) in the north of the bay of San Francisco.

Charles says:
"I have long wanted to make a similar picture. The fact that we have in San Francisco, during and after the rains the plants are very green, and the hills remove, this green color, it would be very cool. Every Friday afternoon I went to my girlfriend, and on the same day in January, I was driving down this country road. I saw - that's it! The grass is beautiful, greener, the sun came out, and there are few clouds! I set the tripod and took a picture, and then reloaded the camera for a new picture. As a result it turned 4 pictures. I decided that was enough and went on. »

To shoot used Mamiya RZ67, Fuji Film color film with more vivid colors and a tripod.

When, in 2000, Microsoft contacted with Charles, he had no idea why they need a picture. But they needed the original. MS Charles paid flight to their main office to transfer by hand this picture. The fact is that when a courier service learned about the value of this image, they refused to take up the delivery.

This picture is met in the huge number of displays, monitors whether ordinary office workers and even pictures of computers in the White House. When we see this picture, we understand - it's Windows XP. And even when it will be sixty, if we see the green hills, blue sky and clouds, we remember about him.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting