African built from garbage wind farm

A resident of the African state of Malawi William Kamkvamba built from scrap materials power of the five wind turbines. The idea to build a wind turbine Kamkvambe came in 2002 when he was expelled from school for non-payment of learning. 14-year-old decided to educate ourselves and started attending the local library, where he saw a picture of a windmill.

"Everyone laughed at me when I said that I would build a windmill. They thought I was crazy, "- said Kamkvamba. While referring to the image in the book, the teenager found in landfills pertinent details, including details of motorcycles, tractors, plastic pipes and old car batteries. Screwdriver Kamkvamba made from a nail to attach to the ears of corn.

On the construction of the first wind turbine it took him about three months. Then he built another four settings, the height of the largest of which is 11 meters. The resulting energy is used by plants to supply the settlement in which he lives Kamkvamba, electricity and windmills to help pump water.

At the moment, 22-year-old William Kamkvamba trained in African Leadership Academy, an elite school in South Africa. His training paid for by sponsors.

On the construction of the first wind turbine it took him about three months. Then he built another four settings, the height of the largest of which is 11 meters. The resulting energy is used by plants to supply the settlement in which he lives Kamkvamba, electricity and windmills to help pump water.

At the moment, 22-year-old William Kamkvamba trained in African Leadership Academy, an elite school in South Africa. His training paid for by sponsors. & quot; / & gt;

via source

Tags

See also

New and interesting