Migration Golden rays

An impressive phenomenon could be observed recently in the Gulf of Mexico - the migration of golden rays. This is an interesting event can be seen about every two years, when the rays start to move en masse towards warmer waters.

Sandra Critelli, an amateur photographer, stumbled upon them while was busy searching for the whale sharks. She says:

"It was literally something difficult. The water surface was completely covered with golden hues, and could be seen as stingrays, like an autumn leaf on the water slide. We were completely surrounded by them. So that was not even seen the end of this huge shoal. I feel I was very lucky, because I was in the right place at the right time. I saw nature at its best. »

It's hard to say how many there were, but you can definitely say that in the area of ​​several thousand. The migration took place on the west coast of Florida to the Yucatan Peninsula.

Normally, golden ramp has a wingspan of about 2, 5 meters armed with a poisonous sting. But despite this, in schools they are quite shy and harmless, so there was nothing to fear.

Tags

See also

New and interesting