From 31 August to 10 September on the island of Lido passes the 68th Venice Film Festival on the account. As a rule, there are going to world stars. So it would be nice to recall the associated in the past with the Venice film stars. Among them - Paul Newman, Elizabeth Taylor, Brigitte Bardot and others.
1. Newlyweds Mick and Bianca Jagger floating in a gondola streets of Venice in 1971. These two were married in May of the same year, and in October, the light will babe Jade.
2. Hiding behind a lacy fan, Joan Crawford poses for a photograph. Megastar 30s, American actress silent and sound films, visited Venice in 1970, the twilight of his career. In the same year came the last feature film "Trog" with its participation; later that year she will be awarded a prize B. Sessions DeMilya at the ceremony "Golden Globe».
3. Sean Connery on a boat in Venice in 1970; In 1998 he was awarded the main prize Venice Film Festival Golden Lion. And in 2003, he brought the rustle and decided to hold the premiere of his film "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" in Prague, and not in Venice.
4. Catherine Deneuve in the film "Mayerling" in Venice in 1968. Beginning in the late 60s of last century, when the actress presented the motion picture "Belle de Jour", which became a classic of cinema, Catherine constantly visiting Venice Film Festival. In 1998 she was awarded Best Actress (called Volpi Cup), since 2006 - head of the international jury.
5. The actor and director Warren Beatty with the girl at the hotel «Execelsior» in Venice in 1965. In 1998, he received his prestigious award - the Golden Lion - the actor called the Venice Festival "spiritual oasis in the dry world of cinema».
6. Paul Newman on the boat while walking through Venice in 1963. In the background is St. Mark's Square. This year, the actor starred in such films as "Hud," "New Kind of Love" and "The Prize».
7. Oscar winner Rod Steiger and his wife, actress Claire Bloom was in Venice in 1963. In that year, his film "Hands over the City" won the main prize - the Golden Lion.
8. 1960: Elizabeth Taylor with her then husband Eddie Fisher on holiday on the island of Burano in the Venice lagoon. In the same year for her role in "Butterfield 8" actress won an Oscar.
9. In 1961, Salvador Dali made an indelible impression on the Venetians. In 1969, the picture director Thomas Madigan "Salvador Dali: easy self-portrait", filmed in the Spanish artist's house, won the award for best documentary.
10. The actor, writer and artist Anthony Quinn with actress Barbara Steele, while walking through the canals of Venice in 1958. Became a classic movie film "La Strada" with Quinn won the 1954 Silver Lion at the Venice Film Festival.
11. After the visit of Brigitte Bardot in 1958 Venice Film Festival in the company of French jazz guitarist / vocalist Sasha Diestel (right), the tabloids blossomed headlines about their romance, and fans and the press is not allowed to pass the pair.
12. Gary Cooper was in Venice in 1955, two years after receiving an Oscar for her role in the movie "High Noon" and for 5 years before his death at the age of 60 years.
13. Ernest Hemingway and his wife Mary on holiday at the hotel «Gritti Palace» interrupted after a trip to Africa, where the couple survived two plane crashes (note the bandaged arm). Newspapers reported the intention of the writer to stay in Venice to complete recovery. In the same year was an occasion to welcome him to give the Nobel Prize for Literature.
14 In 1953, in Venice Lido on the beach Kirk Douglas bathed in glory by signing hip artist Novels Paridzhini. Later, he was photographed with her and another girl, holding both in the air.