Elena Kalis was born in Moscow, but for many years she and her family live in the Bahamas. The close proximity of the Atlantic Ocean was inspired by Helen out to tackle the creation of underwater photographs. This kind of photography is one of the most difficult, and people shooting underwater without scuba gear - it is difficult even for underwater photography.
One of the most famous series of underwater photos of Elena Kalis was a series of "Alice in the underwater world» (Alice in Waterland). In the role of Alice's daughter Elena made.
1. Get Amazing colorful pictures, and this is particularly difficult to achieve in underwater photography, as the aqueous medium greatly dampens color.
5. surreal atmosphere (or may probably be more correct to say "hydrosphere") of these images as well as possible corresponds to the immortal fairy tale fantasy world of Lewis Carroll.
10. It can be said that the history of the fairy tale "Alice in Wonderland" in some way from the very beginning was related to the water. After all, a wonderful story about the fantastic adventures of Charles Lutwidge Dodgson Alice (Lewis Carroll) first told the sisters Alice (10 years), Lorin (13 years) and Edith (8 years) Liddell July 4, 1862 during the boat ride. Exactly three years after the event, ie July 4, 1895, the tale has been published.
15. Since the creation of illustrations for "Alice" constantly attracts a lot of artists working in a variety of genres.
17. Elena Kalis were many reasons to take it for this story. Firstly, the "Alice in Wonderland" has always been one of her favorite books. Secondly, the age of its subsidiaries corresponds exactly to the age-Alice.
20. Girl keeps well in water and is perfectly suited for the role of Alice in the underwater world.
22. And, of course, one of the main instigators of the creation of this project was the Atlantic Ocean, which surrounds on all sides the Bahamas, where the family lives of Elena Kalis. This ocean is changing even faster than Alice under the influence of magic cakes and drinks. He even saltier and more than a sea of tears of Alice, in which she fell through negligence and almost drowned in it. With such a mastermind, it is impossible not to take up the camera and not to do underwater photography.