Children in Afghan prisons

In prisons in Afghanistan is now contained 226 young children, many of whom were born there. They have not committed any crime, but live together with 304 women prisoners. Associated Press photographer David Guttenfilder, went to Afghan prisons to tell you this story in pictures ...
11 ph via bigpicture

1) Jamila, left, riding on a swing with the children of other women prisoners in the prison yard of the prison Pul-i-Charkha in Kabul on April 17, 2008. 7-year-old Jamila and her mother, Najib, who is serving a seven-year sentence today for adultery, held in prison for 10 months. (A

2) 8 years of waiting before Zalmay curtain which closed the door to the chamber, where he lived for four years with his mother Parigul whose crime is that she ran away from home. Photographed in Pul-i-Charkha in Kabul

3) Women prisoners with their children walk along the corridor of the prison housing the Kabul prison Pul-i-Charkha.

4) Habib, who served three years of a 10-year prison sentence for murder, is nursing her daughter Nazanin, who was born in prison three years ago, but still can not walk.

5) Handprints and footprints left on the wall of the children of women prisoners in a cell of the Kabul prison Pul-i-Charkha.

6) To a small Bezad did not play (the baby was born eighteen months in prison), his mother, is serving a seven-year sentence for adultery, it binds him to the bunk beds. On the left is his sister, three-year BINIAZ.

7) Children of women prisoners at the morning session inside of a prison cell, which turned into a kindergarten.

8) Shiringul, serving a 20 year sentence for complicity in robbery and serial murders of taxi drivers, smoke next to her two children - 7-year-old raspberry, left, and 6-year-old Hekmatulahom in his cell in Kabul Pul-i-Charkha. In connection with the case Shiringul were executed five people, including her husband, cousin, brother-in-law and son, who was arrested along with her mother at age 13, and then executed when he was 18.

9) A child prisoner named MacKay trying to remove from the face handkerchief, which closes cellmate of his mother in the chamber of the Kabul prison Pul-i-Charkha. 27-Laa MacKay was arrested on charges of running away from home, but was later released under the pardon of President Hamid Karzai.

10) month-Mansur tries to hit everyone sees next to him. The picture was taken in a prison cell of his mother. Mansur's mother, 32-year-old Fakir had already served more than two years of eight years in prison for running away from home. "I cry every day, because I can not let his son out of the chamber due to the fact that he beats all. Other children learn it bad. I can not give him a good education in prison. ยป

11) The conclusion is walking with her child, while the daughter of another prisoner standing next

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting