The war in Afghanistan. In addition to the military on the battlefield there are always those whose task is not to kill, but to save lives. And no matter the life of this soldier allies, a local resident or a thriller. This is no ordinary "first aid" is MERT - Medical Rapid Response Team (medical emergency response team). Doctors are calling, grabbed his bag and fled in a helicopter ready to take off. They are dressed like soldiers - form, helmets and weapons. Together with doctors on board the four soldiers, without protection is impossible. To fly the helicopter is not precisely known, they usually sit in the city, where they become a very attractive target. Speaking inside the helicopter can not be on the engines roar and the noise is accelerated by blades of air. They have their own signs - if the patch is shown on the British flag, then wounded a British soldier when put hands on the thigh - then hit the child, if put your hand to your head (as if saluting) - which means a US soldier. They do not have patients with colds, runny nose, or hypertension, their patients are on the verge of life and death, they call them the "challenge of category A".
20 aoto © Marco Di Lauro via amelito
01) Sister Fiona service MERT McGlynn from the hospital Selly Oak, Birmingham helicopter Chinook CH-47.
02) MERT team carries a stretcher with wounded British soldier from a helicopter to a hospital Camp Bastion.
03) An Afghan child covers his ears from the noise of the helicopter.
04) A group of surgeons preparing for surgery, an American soldier with multiple wounds and severed hand.
05) Transportation of the wounded from the car, "first aid" to the hospital.
06) Fiona McGlynn checks his gun.
07) Speaking on board the CH-47 Chinook between team members MERT.
08) Transportation of the wounded from the car `` pomoschi`` ambulance to the hospital.
10) Doctors assist nine-year Afghan boy wounded.
11) MERT saves the life of Taliban fighters.
12) Medical staff from the helicopter carries a stretcher with wounded British soldier.
13) behind surgeon mask collected by parts of the Danish soldier wounded. The photographer did not shoot it out of respect. The soldier lost both legs and his left arm.
14) A wounded British soldier.
15) bloodied stretchers.
16) Get a new challenge.
17) Stop the heart ...
19) Nurse MERT.
20) A soldier of the British Army clamps bleeding Danish soldier who lost his genitalia in an explosion.